Skip to content

Icewind Dale III

SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
I want you to make an opinion on bringing back to life Icewind Dale series. A lot of people is talking about Baldur's Gate III, but as we already know BG story is over and shouldn't be touched IMO. But what about making IWD III with a spirit of BG? The new story with references to previous IE games (BG included). With joinable characters like in BG series, some NPCs from IWD I & II and BG series. The rule set from IWD II would be great with all that diplomacy, bluff, class, gender etc. checks in the game. BG is a finished story and there shouldn't be any new game under this name. IWD storywise, on the other hand, is still an open book and "Icewind Dale" as trademark had also a lot of marketing potential and old fans.
booinyoureyesGrammarsalad

Comments

• AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    I think Wizards/Hasbro is only licensing the latest version of D&D for computer games, so there is little chance of going back to the 3.0 rules of IWD 2.

Regarding the setting, I don't really need another IWD. Both of them are already pretty standalone in terms of story, and I would rather prefer using some other of the many places in the Realms, e.g. Zakhara or even a return to the Moonsea.
    Fardragonbooinyoureyes
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Ammar said:

I think Wizards/Hasbro is only licensing the latest version of D&D for computer games, so there is little chance of going back to the 3.0 rules of IWD 2.

Too bad.
    Ammar said:

Regarding the setting, I don't really need another IWD. Both of them are already pretty standalone in terms of story, and I would rather prefer using some other of the many places in the Realms, e.g. Zakhara or even a return to the Moonsea.

Its a matter of opinion, I would like to go back to the dale. They can bring Luskan as a city to the plot for example as a never seen area.

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2017
    Although I like IWD1 I miss having interactive companions with their own sidequests. Maybe do something like DoS2 companions?

As stated, it would have to use 5e rules for licencing reasons, and if you used a different setting for the same style game the name wouldn't make sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    booinyoureyes
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I don't suppose they'd make a whole new game *just* for us BG/IE fans, so an IWD sequel is kind of unlikely . But I'd be interested in a new Forgotten Realms game with everything we've requestedbso far
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    As much as I'd like to see IWD3, I doubt it'll happen.
    They're probably better off making a spiritual successor to both IWD and BG.
    LadyEibhilinRhett
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Honestly, I'd like to see an entirely new series that plays similarly to the IWD games set in a different part of the Realms. There are so many places that haven't been covered yet!
    GusindaDev6Fardragonbooinyoureyes
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I would love to have another dungeon crawl-focused game like the Icewind Dales, but it doesn't have to be in Icewind Dale.
    Dev6CvijetaGrammarsalad
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    Icewind Dale III surely would be a dream.
    semiticgoddesskanisatha