Skip to content

Can Keldorn really help Minsc "control" his Rage? [Spoiler]

Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
Minsc's Rage is quite awesome, except for the fact that he can start whacking his friends in the height of his anger (or madness, or whatever you call it). I've seen in quite a number of articles and posts that berserking Minsc for 3 times, while Keldorn is in party causes Minsc's Rage ability to come "under control". Does that mean I should be able to retain control over him while he is enraged? I ask this because I've already berserked him 3 times, and had 3 sets of dialogues between him and Keldorn, and in the last one Minsc thanked Keldorn for calming and inspiring him. But then, when I enraged him again, I lost control over him again, and he started to beat up my party members! Am I doing something wrong, or is Minsc's "mighty berserker rage" ever uncontrollable?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    As far as I know the reference to Keldorn only relates to a bit of dialogue. In the unmodded game I don't think you can control Minsc if you choose to use his rage ability (you just need to make sure you always leave an enemy closer to him than one of the party).
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    Grond0 said:

As far as I know the reference to Keldorn only relates to a bit of dialogue. In the unmodded game I don't think you can control Minsc if you choose to use his rage ability (you just need to make sure you always leave an enemy closer to him than one of the party).

aw shucks. Well, I think that is one of the things beamdog should fix. Therapist has always been one of the things Keldorn, if not paladins in general do try to be, and Minsc definitly needs the therapy.
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Therapy is usually not recommended for treating blunt force head trauma though
    Pantalionsemiticgoddessbooinyoureyes
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    In BG1 he's just dealing with the head injury.

In BG2 he's been tortured in Ironicus's Dungeon, and also lost his witch, which kind of made a bad situation worse.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    scriver said:

Therapy is usually not recommended for treating blunt force head trauma though

Actually, it is an important thing we've been neglecting IRL... players getting repeated concussions get physical help standard, but lives could have been saved possibly with more mental health assistance for traumatic brain injuries.

Also IRL, anyone who's lost cognitive capacities requires therapy, again this is neglected.

:'(
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Grond0 said:

You can do that only with the Priest of Tyr's special ability.
    semiticgoddess
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742

Grond0 said:

@JuliusBorisov How does one get that? As far as I know, there's no priest of Tyr kit in BG2EE. Are you referring to something like "Exaltation" from IWD? By the way, a little request, could you people please fix Minsc's Rage after his interaction with Keldorn, suppose by adding another version of his Rage ability? That would really be nice. :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Grond0 said:

@JuliusBorisov How does one get that? As far as I know, there's no priest of Tyr kit in BG2EE. Are you referring to something like "Exaltation" from IWD? By the way, a little request, could you people please fix Minsc's Rage after his interaction with Keldorn, suppose by adding another version of his Rage ability? That would really be nice. :)
    Priest of Tyr IS in BG2:EE (as well as in BG:EE) after 2.0. Her ability is called Acclamation in BG.

As for the Minsc's Rage and Keldorn, file a request at support.baldursgate.com.
    Rik_Kirtaniyasemiticgoddess
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742

Priest of Tyr IS in BG2:EE (as well as in BG:EE) after 2.0. Her ability is called Acclamation in BG.

Great to know this! :smiley: Actually, I play mostly with mages and sorcerers, so I didn't get to notice it. :sweat_smile:

As for the Minsc's Rage and Keldorn, file a request at support.baldursgate.com.

Okay. I'll try to do that. I think I'll have to put that into the new features category, right? If I manage to do that properly, I'll also file a request to add all those cool druid spells from IWD into BG as well. :grin:

JuliusBorisovlolien
    Sure! When you click a New Issue tab you can choose what you're going to file - a bug or a feature. Use the appropriate section, for example, https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/bgii-ee-bugs (for BG2) https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/infinity-engine-public-bugs (for all games)
    Rik_Kirtaniya