Skip to content

Golden Pantaloons successfully exported from BG to BG2?

Three times (most recently today) I've imported a save game from BGEE to BG2EE with the golden pantaloons in my main characters inventory but I've never received them. At least they have been nowhere to be found in Irenicus dungeon. Are they supposed to be somewhere else in the game?

I've played it many many times in the past, long before the EE-versions, but never found them anywhere. Eventually I'simply used Shadowkeeper (predecessor to EEKepper for you BG-youngsters out there) to give me the pants.

(In fact, this importing save game is rather pointless since you get the same items even if you start a completely new game. I just import my saved character file instead.)

Comments

• amuletofyendoramuletofyendor Member Posts: 5
    In the picture behind the golem next to the equipment. In the first dungeon.
    JuliusBorisov
  • UnumUnum Member Posts: 23
    Thanks. Its one of the first places I always loot, but I've never found the pantaloons there.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I just tested it to make sure. It works as intended. You should double check that you actually have the pantaloons in your inventory.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Will the Tomes import from BG:EE 1
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

No.
    JuliusBorisov

The bonus for having used them does carry over however (but only for your main character), so there's no reason not to use them all on yourself.
    Sceptenar said:

I just tested it to make sure. It works as intended. You should double check that you actually have the pantaloons in your inventory.

Like I wrote in my initial post I've tried this three times and the pantaloons has been in the inventory all those times. But it's no big deal, nothing EE Keeper can't fix.
    Unum said:

Like I wrote in my initial post I've tried this three times and the pantaloons has been in the inventory all those times. But it's no big deal, nothing EE Keeper can't fix.

If you upload the character you've tried to import I can give that a try and see if it imports correctly. Maybe something else is wrong.

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Have you made sure the pantaloons are in YOUR inventory rather than an npc? I had them in someone else's inventory once and they didn't import into bg2:ee.
    lolien
    Sceptenar said:

Unum said:

If you upload the character you've tried to import I can give that a try and see if it imports correctly. Maybe something else is wrong.

Thanks, but meh, no need. The whole import/export save game is "broken" anyway, all that is transferred are the pantaloons and that's easily fixed with EE keeper. When Bg2 was announced I ran through entire BG1 to collect all the cool items (Cloak of Balduran etc) but none of them was exported. Besides the pantaloons there are no benefits from importing a save game, its quite enough with the character file.
    Unum said:

Thanks, but meh, no need. The whole import/export save game is "broken" anyway, all that is transferred are the pantaloons and that's easily fixed with EE keeper. When Bg2 was announced I ran through entire BG1 to collect all the cool items (Cloak of Balduran etc) but none of them was exported. Besides the pantaloons there are no benefits from importing a save game, its quite enough with the character file.

Not true about the import my good man. Several items can carry over. Just look at this list.

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/miscellany.htm

I always make sure I keep Fallorain's Plate in my inventory so I can get a suit of plate armor in Irenicus' dungeon.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    Sceptenar said:

Unum said:

Not true about the import my good man. Several items can carry over. Just look at this list.

I always make sure I keep Fallorain's Plate in my inventory so I can get a suit of plate armor in Irenicus' dungeon.
    True. I didn't use words properly. What I meant was that a few of those items you get anyway, even if you don't import a game (like the Mail of the Dead +2, Ring of protection +1 and Helm of Balduran) while the others are quickly replaced by better items, i.e. they are more or less useless and does making a imported game obsolete in my opinion. Cloak of Balduran on the other hand would have been great to keep, that would have been useful for a long time, maybe even all the way up to ToB.

I still stand by my statement that exporting/importing a game is pretty pointless - unless you want to solve the pantaloon enigma.
  • WikeszWikesz Member Posts: 11
    Sceptenar said:

Unum said:

I tried a few times to import my stuff, but only succeeded with the pantaloons (it is behind the picture on the wall). You say you managed to get your other stuff from BGEE to BG2EE?
    edited November 2014
    As you can see from the link I posted three items will carry over if you have them.

They transfer in groups, and you only get one item from the group if you have more than one of the items.

Group 1: Protector of the Second, Mail of the Dead +2, Fallorain's Plate, Missile Attraction +2, Chainmail +3
    Group 2: Helm of Balduran, Claw of Kazgaroth, Horn of Kazgaroth, Ring of the Princes

They transfer in that order with the leftmost taking priority, and as I said you only get one of them. If you don't have any of the items listed they default to Mail of the Dead +2 and Helm of Balduran. The item from group 1 is found on Illyich in Irenicus' dungeon, and the group 2 item is found in Irenicus' bedroom (past the cistern room with the Otyugh).

The golden pantaloons always carry over if you have them and will be found behind the painting in the room with the golem.
    ThacoBell
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The 1.3 patch will add a third set of items for freeing the genie. Definitely worthwhile if you have one of the more powerful weapons.
    SceptenarSpjuv3rnJuliusBorisov
    Dee said:

The 1.3 patch will add a third set of items for freeing the genie. Definitely worthwhile if you have one of the more powerful weapons.

Sweet, care to tell what weapons they are?

Onox
  • OnoxOnox Member Posts: 23
    Sceptenar said:

Dee said:

Sweet, care to tell what weapons they are?

I would like to know too :)

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited November 2014
    If I had to venture a guess, I'd say one of the weapons is Varscona, the +2 longsword with cold damage... reason I say this is because it's in the EE Keeper's files for BG2.
  • OnoxOnox Member Posts: 23
    I found something interesting :

On gamefaqs.com, in the old walkthrough for Baldur's Gate II SoA by DSimpson, there's a list of weapons you can get instead of the default Sword of Chaos + 2

I didn't remember this, because I actually don't know BGII well... compared to BG1, which I know almost by heart now ^^ I never completed BG2 and I can't wait for the patch to be released and really start playing BGII:EE

Maybe the list won't be the same, but here it is. There's Varscona in it indeed :)

Quote :

** If you imported from BG1, you may get a different item:
    (Carl Pettersson)

Default SW1H24, Two-Handed Sword of Chaos +2
    HAMM03, War Hammer +2: 'Ashideena'
    AX1H07, Bala's Axe
    HALB03, Halberd +2: 'Suryris' Blade'
    DAGG04, Dagger +2: Longtooth
    STAF07, Staff Spear +2
    STAF06, Staff Mace +2
    SLNG03, Sling +3
    SW1H06, Long Sword +2: 'Varscona'
    BLUN11,
    BLUN10, The Root of the Problem
    BLUN09, Kiel's Morningstar
    Nimran
  • Igneous_AvesIgneous_Aves Member Posts: 41
    For any one having issues with this, I know if you have SoD and you get that Bag of Holding. Don't leave stuff IN the Bag that you wanted ported in. I had the issue of the Pantaloons not transferring since they were in the bag, took them out and saved then ported over and they were in the painting.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    i think the Sword of Chaos items listed actually get found in the Room with the Sewer Golem you have to activate, at least that is where i have found Varscona/Staff Spear and the Burning Earth (IMO the best of the weapons to carry over). I will also note that not only do you need to have the weapon, you need to have a clear favourite in proficiencies in said weapon. It'll only port in 1 weapon and it certainly seems to pick from a list that is based on your proficiencies as well as having the weapon in the backpack or equipped.

There's also a bunch of SoD items that will Xfer over, but they will be added to locations through-out the game and can sometimes be found too late to really be worth the effort in tracking down. Sadly many of the better items will not port over, but there's a few worth considering depending on class.
    ThacoBell
    Borek said:

There's also a bunch of SoD items that will Xfer over, but they will be added to locations through-out the game and can sometimes be found too late to really be worth the effort in tracking down. Sadly many of the better items will not port over, but there's a few worth considering depending on class.

Yeah, I would like a number of them too. That screaming Bow is pretty Lol and then those Cleric Spell Buff Items (Chat, Bless jewelery) and that Luck Belt as well. The Sequencer Robe too haha.
  • FiddlerFiddler Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2017
    Yea, some SOD items come in. The Burning Earth, a Flaming Longsword, which is pretty darn good, was in the table where the Maintenance Golem was. And, yes, the Golden Pantaloons ported over successfully for me. So, for me it was a great idea to import from SOD.

From that list above, I didn't have any of the items, so I got the default Mail of the Dead and Helm of Balduran.
    Fiddler said:

Yea, some SOD items come in. The Burning Earth, a Flaming Longsword

That isn't a SoD item you get that from Durlag's Tower. Good against Undead(+4) and Cold-Using Creatures(+3). I don't think really anything ports from SoD.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Fiddler said:

Yea, some SOD items come in. The Burning Earth, a Flaming Longsword

That isn't a SoD item you get that from Durlag's Tower. Good against Undead(+4) and Cold-Using Creatures(+3). I don't think really anything ports from SoD.

There are several items that do port from SoD. But they end up populating throughout the game, rather than being in Chateau Irenicus. Edwin ends up wearing the Robe of Red Flame if your PC was holding it at the end of SoD. The Bard hat is in the possesion of the fence in Waukeen's Promenade, Just to name a couple.