Skip to content

Journal - Object Not Found

MalbethMalbeth Member Posts: 27
A number of my quest entries have the correct title of the quest, however every journal entry reads "object not found".

This was persistent in BG2:SoA but was corrected after some updates. I am now in ToB and finding this to be the case.

Is there a suggested way to work around this? I have played before and can usually finish quests by the title, however I recently took a break and cannot remember where I am at in the quests.

Comments

• MalbethMalbeth Member Posts: 27
    This is still a bug in my game - is there an anticipated patch for this?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The journal is known to have several issues. I'm expecting 2.5 to fix it.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    FWIW, I haven’t noticed anything wrong with the Journal playing 2.4 on an IPad
    In my current play through of SoA, all quests tell me the date I received the quest or specific entry however there are no other words for it. It's causing some problems since I am playing Hexxat's quest for the first time, so I actually need the journal entries.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! Can you please upload a few screenshots to illustrate what you're seeing? Also, was the game started before the 2.5 patch?
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you for your attention to this.
    Screenshot is attached.

A comparable issue persists on my most recent play through which was started about two weeks ago. Instead of "object not found" there is simply no data.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    What happens when you click on those triangles on the left?
    A mystery has been solved! It drops down the relevant text. I have apparently struggled for over two years with this problem which you have solved by pointing out those arrows to me. I am both grateful and ashamed.