Skip to content

Baldur.lua

AOKostAOKost Member Posts: 5
I've already read several threads about this subject.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, downloading the game through Steam. I can find the file the game's supposed to be downloaded into.

My game starts just fine, but I'm unable to find any Baldur.ini or Baldur.lua files. I've tried downloading a Baldur.lua file, but that didn't help.

I've tired to find the file using console commands with no success... what am I doing wrong? I'm bashing my head against a wall so hard I'm about to give up entirely...

I recently switched to Linux and I'm not afraid to admit I'm not having a very great go at it...

Comments

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    AOKost said:

what am I doing wrong?

You're using Linux, that's what you're doing wrong. ;P

I can't actually help you, I just wanted to make that joke.
  • AOKostAOKost Member Posts: 5
    I've used Windows for years... and knew how to do just about anything with it, but didn't want to find another copy for free, or spit out the cash... :neutral:
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Assuming you use Files, make sure View -> Show Hidden Files is enabled.
    Then locate and select the hidden ".local" folder and select the share folder.
    EE Game folders should be there.

I'd recommend bookmarking the share location to make future access easier.
    Gate70 said:

Assuming you use Files, make sure View -> Show Hidden Files is enabled.
    Then locate and select the hidden ".local" folder and select the share folder.
    EE Game folders should be there.

I'd recommend bookmarking the share location to make future access easier.

I had to find out how to show the hidden folders with a quick Google search (CTRL + H for anyone wanting to know is how I did it) but it was easy to find from there... I can't thank you enough!
    Update: As it was late, I didn't get to try and play till today. I tried to use activate the chat by pressing ~ but to no avail. I then tried to use some of the other cheats, such as jumping to the place the courser was with CTRL + J, with no success... Any suggestions?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    First make sure you saved the baldur.lua file in e.g. the baldur's gate - enhanced edition folder and it shows
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    n.b. I sometimes find I have to save twice for it to take effect

To open the console hold the Ctrl key down and press the spacebar.
    Holding Ctrl and pressing J should move selected characters to the location of the mouse, so if it doesn't work either the console is not enabled or you have no characters selected.
    Further update... I figured out what I did wrong after re-examining the .lua file... I apparently fat-fingered it XD Thank you for your time and help!