Skip to content

Favorite BG outfit?

TomokoTomoko Member Posts: 13
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
I know this is a somewhat inane topic, but humor me. I always liked the thief. Looked quite cool, and as a female outfit it didn't look like you had trucker arms. Not that I'd ever choose a character based on their cloth - nah I totally would. As for colors anything muted. Call me old fashioned but generally I don't think it's the best idea for thieves to wander around in pink...
KenjiSophiaTeflon

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I usually play a female paladin in BG1 but the animation for plate armour on female characters looks a bit weird to me so I sometimes use Gatekeeper to give her Drizzt's blue chainmail, which looks very cool.
    Tomoko
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Male thieves with the hood.

The 1PP thieves avatar with the chainmail pauldrons was even more awesome.
    Teflon
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited September 2012
    The Robe of Evil Archmagi on human females in BG1 = über sexy!

...or just the BG1 human female paper doll itself.
    Post edited by Mortianna on
    HaHaCharade
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Whatever the hell Silke is wearing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Tomoko
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    Anything that looks like a bikini, or nakedness on women. If it smooshes bewbs together, more points in awesomeness!

On males: Clothes that looks light, and cool, and says: "I'm still kicking your ass."
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    The various mage robes look pretty cool. I also like the ankheg armor, just because it's green.
  • TomokoTomoko Member Posts: 13
    When I played BG for the first time (must have been quite young, like 10ish) I remember really loving Ankheg armour. I just thought it was so cool...
    [Deleted User]Brude
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Actually I'll change my answer. The viconia outfit I sometime make my gf wear :p
    Brude
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited September 2012
    Elven female Cleric outfits.

And the gnome robes. Feels good man.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    This is the pic I use for Imoen

and I'm able to match the colors to her skin tone, hair and outfit/armor just about perfectly to the colors in that portrait. It's a great look.

I think it deepens immersion when you achieve a great match of portrait, in-game color customization of the sprite via the GUI, and custom soundset. Characters can really spring to life that way.

The Black Pits will feature an option to create your own party of 6 , IWD-style. (You can also take your party of NPCs, I have read.) So this will be more of a factor, I think.

Not knowing any better, the very first game that I completed with BG1 a dozen years ago was with a custom party of 6, lol. But I have also played some really fun 'concept' games with custom parties over the years that were surprisingly much more memorable than the more standard playthroughs with NPCs.

But anyway, this is just to emphasize that when the portrait, in-game colors to the animation, and voice set all come together and 'click', it's very satisfying.
    Brude
  • Paper doll-wise I always liked the BG1 ones way more than the BG2 ones, especially the female mage and thief. Clothing-wise, I think my top picks are probably ankheg armor, the Robes of the Archmagi, and, of course, the Big Metal Unit. XD
    Brude
  • NachtwacheNachtwache Member Posts: 36
    I really liked the look of chainmails on a human fighter, especially the one of drizz't. in addition the claw of kazgaroth. and voilá you became an azure blue blurred kind of tornado. :D
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    From the original game, the Shadow Armor. The icon is unique and it looks good on all the models.

I also, for some reason, get a kick out of having Viconia wear the Flaming Fist helmet.
    Nachtwache
  • NachtwacheNachtwache Member Posts: 36
    @Brude well, you have some twisted ideas ... i like ^^
    Brude
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    I like how Montaron looks in Drizzt's Chain. I also like to kill Amnish soldiers and take their cool dragon-wing helmets. Also, Kagain obviously knows fashion with his custom gold-winged helmet :P

And on a side note, I always thought Arundel in IWD1 looked huge standing there inside his tree house. Like a pro-wrestler or something.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Mage robes all the way for me! Even the plain default one looks *so* comfy!

Back when I was a devout Christian and young music student who sang in the church choir every Sunday, I used to love to turn around quickly and make my choir robe swirl around my feet, and to pretend as though I was slinging spells! LOL.

Metal armor just looks so clumsy and uncomfortable! And I don't want to cover up my beautiful hair or face with a helmet!

I enjoy playing skalds and druids sometimes, so, when I play those, I usually use Shadowkeeper to change my avatar to human mage. Too bad that none of the mage robes animate unless you're playing an actual mage or sorc. I've actually chosen wiz or sorc when I was more in the mood to play skald or druid, just because I wanted to wear those beautiful, stylish, long, silky, flowing robes!
    Brude