Skip to content

So what modules are you excited to replay?

DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
I'm really excited to replay the Blackguard modules. A great 3 part story loaded with evil as you progress down the path of a blackguard. I still can't forget the part where you're trying to revive a skeletal dragon, and it requires the sacrifice of a bunch of innocents, but where could you find so many innocents? Oh, right, the school >:)

The twilight/midnight modules were some pretty fun modules, as well, for the goody goody paladins.

Out of the original set, HOTU had one of my favorite high level battles.

You had to defend that keep in the underdark. And hordes of fairly low level enemies come at you, and you just feel so badass tearing through them. But it's an endurance trial, and you have to make sure not blow all your spells and abilities on the weaklings, otherwise the boss as the end of them will slaughter you.
BelleSorcieretbone1AerakarKenji

Comments

• JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I have this vague memory of a module that discussed death and its purpose. You visited a city of peaceful undead and a village where the living couldn't die. I don't really remember anything else but it would be fun to try it out again. Sounds familiar to anyone?
    Proont
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    JoenSo said:

I have this vague memory of a module that discussed death and its purpose. You visited a city of peaceful undead and a village where the living couldn't die. I don't really remember anything else but it would be fun to try it out again. Sounds familiar to anyone?

Ask on neverwintervault site... they have resourceful forums.
    Grymlorde
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    The Aielund Saga for me. Really enjoyed that one.
    BelgarathMTHSavant1974LiluraAerakar
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    There's a three part module series that begins with Shadowdale that is very well done.

tbone1Aerakar
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    It has been so long I do not remember many except for the winning sequel to the original campaign.
    You end up in a desert in another realm.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Staran said:

It has been so long I do not remember many except for the winning sequel to the original campaign.
    You end up in a desert in another realm.

Shadows of Undertide? It's a official stuff...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Sands of fate! It was a long trilogy.
    What I remember is the way you started, basically a god sitting the throne with nothing to do
  • michaumichau Member Posts: 11
    Aielund Saga (never finished that one) and Swordflight.
    AerakarLiluraAndarian
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    My main two are Aielund Saga and Adam Miller's series.

I'll probably wait for the final version of EE to be released, and also to hear from Savant and Miller about whether they were inspired to remaster their mods or not. Savant has said he's thinking about it, but not sure yet.
    Savant1974AerakarProont
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    Prophet series.

It was kind of horrifying. Not the jump scare horror, the subtle psychological, "what the fuck is that guys major problem" kind of horror. Not for the faint of heart
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    It's been so long since I played anything that I don't have any specific modules in mind to replay. However, I am going to try Sands of Time and Prophet as mentioned in this thread because they sound kind of cool.
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    Got in touch with Balkoth yet? Also, nice avatar :P
    Savant1974
    Oh yeah, totally going to try Aielund Saga. I never gave that a go before either.
    Savant1974Lilura

Oh yeah, totally going to try Aielund Saga. I never gave that a go before either.

It's brilliant, you will love it.
    Savant1974LiluraAerakar
  • Savant1974Savant1974 Member Posts: 303
    Lilura said:

Got in touch with Balkoth yet? Also, nice avatar :P

Yep, he's a busy guy these days so had no problem handing the reins back over to me. So am I actually, but I can spend an hour a day working on dialog. I'm a little ashamed to see how easy it was to fix the bugs that have been in the series for the last ten years! Ah well, these things happen when the time is right. And yes, I tweaked this avatar of Robert Black to modernise it a little :D
    LiluraAerakarAndarianHunterRayder93

It's brilliant, you will love it.
    I've only heard good things about it.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Savant1974 , I love that you're using Robert Black's portrait for your forum avatar. :)
    LiluraAerakarSavant1974
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    My next run of Aielund Saga (Enhanced Edition) will be with female Bard, romancing Black.
    BelgarathMTHSavant1974Cvijeta
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    Can't wait to run Aielund saga again as well, in the days I played through it a couple of times with friends and everyone loved it.
    Also want to go through the Prophet saga, never finished it unfortunately
    Savant1974
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I really, really, wish that the Path of Evil was a NWN1 module.

Now I'm looking forward to play A Hunt Through the Dark.

After finishing it I'll take the same character either into HotU or Lord of Ravenloft. Maybe both, as LoR is very challenging and I'll play it solo.
    DrHappyAngry
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Raduziel said:

I really, really, wish that the Path of Evil was a NWN1 module.

Now I'm looking forward to play A Hunt Through the Dark.

After finishing it I'll take the same character either into HotU or Lord of Ravenloft. Maybe both, as LoR is very challenging and I'll play it solo.

Path of Evil is probably my favorite NWN2 module. I do think i prefer it in the NWN2 engine, though. The direct control of party members, the crafting system that let's any weapon type be viable, and the graphics are a pretty nice upgrade from the original nwn engine. And at least with UI mods, nwn2 is still playable on at 4k, unlike the original nwn. Since storm of zehir, nwn2 had an interesting dialog system, that allowed other party members with relavent skills to chime in, and PoE made good use of it, especially on the over land map.

Think I'll have to give Lord of Ravenloft a shot when nwn:ee comes out.
  • saramakossaramakos Member Posts: 19
    I need to dig them up again but I remember enjoying an NWN mod remake of Pool of Radiance and another that was Eye of the Beholder remade.
    Loads of good suggestions on this thread, makes me even more desperate to dig into the community content again with the new enhanced edition.
    Lilura
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    edited November 2017
    I have some on my "short list" that I never got to. I'll probably make an effort now to play them in EE, once I've finished an EE remake of Sanctum of the Archmage. Prophet, Swordflight 2, and Rose of Eternity come to mind. And I'll definitely take a second run through Aielund if @Savant1974 updates it. :)
    Savant1974Lilura
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited November 2017
    Fair warning on the blackguard series is that it's rather restricted in what kind of evil roleplaying choices you get to pick. I was younger when I played it and enjoyed it well enough, but I have never replayed it and even back then there was a bad taste in my mouth after I was done.

IMO it's not really as interesting as it might sound..

Andarian said:

And I'll definitely take a second run through Aielund if @Savant1974 updates it. :)

Oh it's happening :) I'm using new tilesets (including the beautiful "Early Winter" tileset), slick new area transition pictures, more options to completing quests so you don't just have to grind your way through etc.
    For real? Aielund Saga is going to be updated to include some new stuff? Wow, that would be awesome.
    BelgarathMTHHunterRayder93Aerakar