Skip to content

Project Q stuff?

What about this pack here? https://neverwintervault.org/tags/project-q

It updated a number of models and added new nifty things...
RandomPerson

Comments

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    Project Q is awesome. Since it came out its been the first thing I add to any project I work on.
    RandomPerson
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Which is why I wondered about integration...
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited November 2017
    You can just patch add it or something along those lines. There is a thread here that talks about it. You download the content and just add the files to a list and it works without having to open up the module or some such to add them. Then the updated graphics appear in any module you are playing.

EDIT - Here it is.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67097/anyone-figure-out-the-project-q-hak-patch-yet
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992

You can just patch add it or something along those lines. There is a thread here that talks about it. You download the content and just add the files to a list and it works without having to open up the module or some such to add them.

Wouldn't that be immensely troubling for compatibility?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

You can just patch add it or something along those lines. There is a thread here that talks about it. You download the content and just add the files to a list and it works without having to open up the module or some such to add them.

Wouldn't that be immensely troubling for compatibility?
    I can't see why it would cause any trouble. Q is just one big texture pack changing stock textures to different ones.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,270
    Using a patch hak doesn't normally cause compatibility issues.

The authors design the patch hak to override the OC in a benign way.

If you play fan-made modules (which are amazing), their custom haks override any patch haks, in the event of conflict.

There are grey areas, which builders squabble about, but players very rarely encounter.

Grymlorde