Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Iroumen , Viconia - as a neutral evil character, she will leave the party if your reputation goes too high, because of the whacked out alignment and reputation mechanic in the game engine.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    lroumen said:

Pantalion said:

Drow Logic: Yo! Protector whose good name I depend upon to get me out of trouble! Your name is too good, I'm leaving!
    "..."

What is this one referring to?

Good old Viconia, naturally.

Anomen Logic: "Hey baby, you're my kind of woman."
    Elf: "I was a woman for ten minutes. Last week."
    "Still counts, c'mere you."
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    edited November 2017
    Haer'Dalis just told me to get the gem back and that "the inn is in the basement of the Five Flagons!"

Athkatlan logic: place an inn in its own basement. Nice with an inn in an inn I suppose. Perfect place for gambling and the like so you can sin n' win in an inn in an inn.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    lroumen said:

Pantalion said:

Drow Logic: Yo! Protector whose good name I depend upon to get me out of trouble! Your name is too good, I'm leaving!
    "..."

Viconia.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    lroumen said:

Pantalion said:

"..."

Viconia ditching a too good party I think.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    lroumen said:

Pantalion said:

"..."

Viconia. She leaves if your reputation gets over 18

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Ah... Cryptic
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    ThacoBell said:

lroumen said:

Pantalion said:

"..."

Viconia.
    It also works with Baeloth, you just have to change the context.

I know you're protecting my precious personage; but my asinine association with you putrid paragons is beginning to bug me. Enjoy your worthless wearisome existence while you can still can; I'll be taking my leave now.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Iltha logic (or maybe game mechanics logic):

After defeating Conster and freeing Iltha, she thanks me, asks me to meet her back at her father's cabin, and then leaves the area by the shortest route ... by walking straight down into Firkraag's lair!
    @Montresor_SP
    Definitely the game, the pathfinding is abyssmal, especially in the original vanilla games.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You can attack somebody under the effects of Improved Invisibility, but not cast a spell on them, even if they're pinned in one place.

Magic Missile and Fireball hit automatically, but Minute Meteors and Energy Blades need to be thrown and can miss.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Pantalion said:

Candlekeep Logic: Requires book valued at 5,000 gold pieces to be donated every single time someone enters.
    *Entire castle contains no valuable books when ransacked.*

Speaking of books, a few things come to mind.

What I want to know is, what book Skank and Carbos donated. Especially since whoever supplied them with such a book was depending on a coupla real goobers to pull off the murder of our fine PC's.

Furthermore, I wonder, if there actually was a Great Book of the Unknowing, and one could actually remember finding it (if it indeed existed), what that would be worth.

Lastly, it would interesting to tie in the book we use to get back in CK with, "The History of the Nether Scrolls", to Edwin, given his quest in BG2.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    One thing I've wondered is if you have to donate a book that Candlekeep doesn't already have. That would be pretty hard to find. Or do they have tons of copies of the same titles that are expensive but relatively easy to find?
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited November 2017
    JoenSo said:

One thing I've wondered is if you have to donate a book that Candlekeep doesn't already have. That would be pretty hard to find. Or do they have tons of copies of the same titles that are expensive but relatively easy to find?

Well, you probably have to factor that new books are always being written. You can probably give them the latest book from a very well known scholar they don't own to get in. So, new books would work too.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Grum said:

Arctodus said:

JoenSo said:

Well, you probably have to factor that new books are always being written. You can probably give them the latest book from a very well known scholar they don't own, to get in. So, new books would work too.
    “Let me in. Here’s your book.”

“The endangered species cookbook? Let me see that? You’re a fraud! I’ve never heard of any of these creatures.”

“Exactly. It’s the endangered species cookbook. It sold well for a summer and then...you get the idea. There aren’t many of these books left.”

“Welcome to Candlekeep. Enjoy your stay.”

Edit: I looked it up and look what I found:

“The endangered species gourmet cookbook: Or the gastronomics of supply-side extinction”

https://www.amazon.com/endangered-species-gourmet-cookbook-gastronomics/dp/0910937079

“Currently unavailable”

Maybe it would get you into candlekeep...
    But you CAN add it to your wedding registry. I know I'd want a copy so my new wife could cook me up some spotted owl fricassee!
    Of course it could get into Candlekeep...for a price?

What price you ask? YOUR SOUL!

Zaram: Umm, well an undead elven lunatic kinda already took that so can I give you an IOU?
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited December 2017
    With Nwn:EE on the horizon I thought of some things from HotUs finale.

HotU logic: Main character returns to battle Mephistopheles outside Duncans tavern. Even after all the riches and spoils of the long journey through Undermountain, the underdark and even Cania. Your main character still has the gall to tell Duncan ''I've returned for my reward'' or something similar to that =P

Also an Archdevil just entered Faerun in one of the biggest cities in Faerun.. I mean shouldn't some other prolific heroes arrive at the scene by that time?^^
    @batoor
    I wouldn't know too much about IWD, I only ever made it to Chapter 4.

Also did the Mass Patch Message startle anyone else?
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    edited December 2017
    This Cowled Wizard we kill for Edwin... why does he leave the door open? Isn't he worried that mephits will escape into the city?
    And what if there is a postman with a letter from distant relative? Does he deserve to be fried (or crushed) to death?
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Artona said:

This Cowled Wizard we kill for Edwin... why does he leave the door open? Isn't he worried that mephits will escape into the city?
    And what if there is a postman with a letter from distant relative? Does he deserve to be fried (or crushed) to death?

There is probably a mail box. Mailmen shouldn’t go into your house. There could be guard mephits
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    What about pizza delivery then?