Skip to content

Anyone figure out the Project Q Hak Patch, yet?

Not too long before the announcement of NWNEE, I started playing NWN again, using Project Q as a patch. You'd install it by tossing it into a folder called "Patch" and then making an "nwnpatch.ini" file, pointing it to the hak packs int neverwinternights\patch.

It would load up the haks in any module you played, so it'd give you better models and textures for some stuff.

I tried that in NWNEE, and it doesn't appear to be working. I tried it in the 'user' folder(my docs\...) and in the actual NWNEE folder, but no dice.

Anyone have any luck, yet?

Otherwise, thank you Beamdog, for the 4K support. I had been playing in 2k to be able to read the text! So excited NWN is getting love!

Comments

• IndyWendieGoIndyWendieGo Member Posts: 62
    You need to update your nwn.ini with PATCH= "full path to the folder holding your patch files" without quotes under [Alias]. After that they -should- work! :smile:
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    edited November 2017
    I tried that with a different patch hak, but it still didn't work.

Has anyone got a patch hak working yet?
  • onewithoutasoulonewithoutasoul Member Posts: 20
    Proleric said:

I tried that with a different patch hak, but it still didn't work.

Has anyone got a patch hak working yet?

Yeah, that's still not working for me, either.
  • YehoyakinYehoyakin Member Posts: 15
    It only works when using the toolset, but not in-game.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    Solved.

Instructions for patch haks are here.
  • onewithoutasoulonewithoutasoul Member Posts: 20
    Proleric said:

Solved.

Instructions for patch haks are here.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Just as an FYI, I found that you can still leave the haks that you want to run as a patch in any folder you want. I left it in Patch, in the nwn.ini file, I just set the patch path to 'PATCH=C:\Users\username\Documents\Neverwinter Nights\patch'
    ProlericGrymlorde