Skip to content

Cannot download Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start - 404 Error

dwinblooddwinblood Member Posts: 38
Hi,

I just added the Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition Head Start fired up the beamdog client and it said it could not add it and game me an error 404 which it said to give to support.

I am looking forward to getting this installed and giving it a shot.

I am one of the original developers on The Wyvern Crown of Cormyr DLC.

I am the person that added all the horse code and some additional things to the 1.69 patch.

I also am the author of NPC ACTIVITIES which quite a few module makers and persistent world people used.

I also am the author of RTS - Harvest of Souls which is what I likely would focus on making sure I get it working well on the Enhanced Edition.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered.

- Deva Winblood

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the report, the team will look into it.

Edit: Could you please launch the Client, try installing NWN:EE Head Start again so you get the error message, and, if you encounter this issue, create a bug report on support.baldursgate.com attaching the logs:
    a) right-click the cog in the bottom right of the Beamdog Client
    b) Select "Open Log folder"
    c) Close the Beamdog Client
    d) Attach (In a .zip) all of the files within this folder.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • dwinblooddwinblood Member Posts: 38
    It has removed NWN:EE Headstart as an option. Only has NWN:EE at this point. I could never get it to try again and when I go to beamdog website and click on the GET STARTED it tells me that the key is already on my account so doesn't add it and allow me to try it again.

I will be happy to do the steps you asked for IF I can get it to do it again.

It did have a Second NWN:EE Icon the one time I was able to try and that one said Head Start. I haven't been able to get that to return.
    I do own all the other Beamdog products as well on either Steam, GOG or both. This is the first product that was so enticing I decided to go direct to beamdog.
    I just tried uninstalling the beamdog client, deleting the directories it had created, and reinstalling it.

Still not showing the headstart option in the client.

Also I have found TWO DIFFERENT Beamdog clients. They look completely different. I have found the one in the above screenshot by clicking on the BEAMDOG CLIENT at the bottom of the Neverwinter Nights EE product page.

I've also ended up at www.beamdog.com/orders before and the client that downloads on that page is VERY different.

Anyway, I cannot follow your steps at this time without additional help on how to get the product to appear again.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited November 2017
    Can you click the dropdown that says 'English' - is the Head Start in that list?

Also, can you please provide the link where you got an old client (the client you've made the screenshot of is the new and correct one). We'd like to track down where the wrong link is, since we tried to update everything to just point to the new client.
    I'll work on the other things now... for now here is where the incorrect client is at:

https://www.beamdog.com/orders

It is the blue button at the bottom which leads to:

https://www.beamdog.com/files/BeamDogSetup.exe
    JuliusBorisov
    It is in the English drop down... yet it only gives me the option to BUY NOW which I've already purchased it.

Nevermind... that was the Digital Deluxe version. I owned all of those DLCs from the original that come with that I figured I'd buy Wyvern Crown as DLC when it is on Steam. As I am one of the developers of that I've played it MANY times so want it more for nostalgia than anything. :)

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know if there are any other problems. If you need anything from me feel free to reach out to me via email or on steemit.com at steemit.com/@dwinblood

https://steemit.com/neverwinternights/@dwinblood/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-coming-to-valve-s-steam-gaming

I am working on some other blogs and posts about it as I write this. Mainly about RTS - Harvest of Souls which I intend to get working with NWN: EE.
    JuliusBorisov