Skip to content

Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity and romance

I want to play a female Inquisitor, but I also really love the Jaheira romance. I've heard that one can use a cheat to get the girdle and put it on in BGII, which then allows the same-sex romance to start. Then one can have the girdle removed in the usual way but the romance will continue.

Is there any truth to this?
tbone1

Comments

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Yes, that's true. As long as you start the initial talk in the romance line, in your savegame a trigger activates, regarding the RomanceActive. Once that trigger is activated, it stays that way for the rest of the game, even if you remove the girdle.

It is basically an abuse of the game and it would make no sense, as Jaheira still refers you as a guy.
    tbone1
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    It works this way for some romances (Jaheira among them). Since the exploit is known since the early days of the game, later romances are not always cheated this way - the check that @Redrake mentions is done for them earlier than you have a chance to get the girdle. However, Beamdog have the policy to change the original game as little as necessary, so for the original vanilla romances the trick works.

Note also, that some *romance cheats* introduced by mods have similar mechanics, i.e. they remove the gender or race or alignment checks from the romances and so make them available for any protagonist but they don't change contents. Like @Redrake stated, you will be mylady or mylord just as originally intended.

There are some (mod) NPCs that have dedicated romance variations for male or female protagonists, but that's another topic.
  • JeivarJeivar Member Posts: 53
    Okay, cool. That means I don't have to mess around with mods, which I suck at installing. But does it all carry over into Throne of Bhaal?
    What is so hard about installing mods? Is not like you are making them yourself. Is even either than installing a new game, all you need to do is click on the exe of the mod.

The girdle can also be only found regularly in BG1. In BG2 you need an editor or cheat codes to get it.
    Redrake said:

What is so hard about installing mods? Is not like you are making them yourself. Is even either than installing a new game, all you need to do is click on the exe of the mod.

The girdle can also be only found regularly in BG1. In BG2 you need an editor or cheat codes to get it.

And I intend to do that.

I just get nervous about installing mods. I am completely ignorant about computers, and if something goes wrong I don't have the skills to seek out the problem or fix it. And since I'm going to go through the entire saga with this character I'll take the simplest solution.

Oh, but will this exploit carry over into Throne of Bhaal?
    Yes. All the romances are continued.
    Redrake said:

Yes. All the romances are continued.

Thank you.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Does the girdle work with BG1 romance (man/Rasaad; female/Neera)?
    Does Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity allow to have 2 romance with male/female heterosexual?
  • wdarkkwdarkk Member Posts: 12
    rede9 said:

It works for Neera but you need to put it on each time you want to advance it.
    wdarkk said:

rede9 said:

It works for Neera but you need to put it on each time you want to advance it.
    I think I've finished the romance with Neera. Now I've started the romance with Rasaad.
    My purpose is to unlock the special BG2ee dialogs with your ex BG1 partners.