Skip to content

Black Blade Of Disaster: What Kind Of Damage Does It Deal?

I'm under the impression it deals slashing damage because it's a sword. Is this correct?

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited November 2017
    Indeed it deals slashing damage.
    But it also drains levels and heal the user, occasionally, and has the On hit disintegration effect on a failed save vs death at +4 (which means be careful as this also destroy any non-plot item)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    2d12+5 base damage, plus another 5 damage from the grandmastery in longswords it grants. That grandmastery also provides APR bonuses, but only to characters with fighter levels.
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    It does amazing damage. No blade or fighter/mage should be without.
    ThacoBell
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    Arunsun said:

But it also drains levels and heal the user, occasionally, and has the On hit disintegration effect on a failed save vs death at +4 (which means be careful as this also destroy any non-plot item)

If I cast death ward on some plot enemies wouldn't it automatically succeed? It is supposed to be beneficial, these things aren't meant to be resisted are they?
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    Casting death ward on enemy is not a good idea in my opinion.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

Arunsun said:

If I cast death ward on some plot enemies wouldn't it automatically succeed? It is supposed to be beneficial, these things aren't meant to be resisted are they?
    No. Being beneficial doesn't determine whether something is resisted or not in the BG games; that's determined via a flag. Death Ward simply grants immunity to instant death effects to the target. It will not prevent the level drain effect, nor will it make the level drain more likely to hit.

Besides, the level drain is already flagged to bypass magic resistance.