Skip to content

Warning during SCS installation (BWS)

Anybody knows what this warning means and how problematic it is? Only a few npcs were affected:

"Failed to apply general-AI patch to ALEX (error message Failure("'=>' contains =>, which is never legal in an SFO expression"))

Thanks

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2017
    I have the same problem. WeiDU.log and stratagems.debug attached.
    Any idea how to fix?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Those are harmless warnings. SCS was installed for you.
    edited December 2017

Are you sure? It explicitly states:"....failed to apply general AI patch to [name of the creature]...." -> I fear those creatures won't be modified by SCS.....
    Moreover, another modder (@subtledoctor ) told me that those messages are bad warnings..... I don't want to start a new game and suddenly find out that some creatures haven't been SCSed...
    Just for the sake of curiosity, what is causing those warnings?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2017
    Luke93 said:

Are you sure? It explicitly states:"....failed to apply general AI patch to [name of the creature]...." -> I fear those creatures won't be modified by SCS.....
    Moreover, another modder (@subtledoctor) told me that those messages are bad warnings..... I don't want to start a new game and suddenly find out that some creatures haven't been SCSed...
    Just for the sake of curiosity, what is causing those warnings?
    Are you trying to tell me that SCS not applying a certain AI modification to Alantos Ravenscar or Sir Beverus of the Radiant Heart will even be noticeable in your upcoming game? I await the report to prove me wrong.
    edited December 2017
    @PaulaMigrate If you read carefully the debug file, you'll find out that some error messages refer to enemies.... I've just attached another file: SFO_warnings.txt
    edited December 2017
    @argent77, @DavidW Could you explain me what is happening here?
  • Well, @Luke93 ?

Did you test it? Did you see anything strange?
    edited December 2017

Well, @Luke93 ?

Did you test it? Did you see anything strange?

I yet have to test it, but in my case the problem seems to related to the mod Might and Guile.

If I install this mod (I'm not using BWS by the way), I get WARNINGS with Smarter General AI and some Tougher End-of-Chapter battles.

These warnings invalide SCS creatures: for example (I checked with NI), let's consider Greywolf: the two effects Modify proficiencies (233) are missing (these 2 effects are supposed to grant him 2 pips in two-weapon fighting and 3 pips in long swords). He seems to have Large sword proficiency, Active class 3 and Bow proficiency (what??), Active class 4.

This is just an example, other creatures differ from the regular SCS in a similar way.... What can tell me? Were you able to fix this issue?
    edited December 2017
    Fun fact: I started a new game and rushed to the Nashkel Mines to face Greywolf -> He seems to wield two long swords, so maybe I can safely ignore those warnings.... Nevertheless, why there are people that can install Smarter General AI without getting warnings?