Skip to content

Help with getting my PW visible in multiplayer

Hey all,

Trying to get my old server, "The Lands of Acheron" back up, but when I run it in NWserver, it does not show up in the list. I can enter the IP address manually and connect (and then it also shows up in history and can be added to favorites), but even then it does not show up in the server list.

Any ideas? I am using the modified nwserver from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67157/server-download-packages-and-docker-support and running the server using windows 10.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• TheGmorkTheGmork Member Posts: 37
    What OS?
  • SalvanusSalvanus Member Posts: 43
    Windows 10!
  • IndyWendieGoIndyWendieGo Member Posts: 62
    You've probably already done this, but make sure that port 5120 is forwarded/triggered through your router's firewall. If your IP isn't showing gray in the listing, then there's a good chance that the list just doesn't see you. Also, try without using the modified server package (that one is still unofficial being that it's experimental and there's other issues with it, reference for it is in the original posting).
    I had the same problem with windows. That's why I moved to linux >.>
    Looking at it this is what I would try. Go to
    C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Neverwinter Nights
    Edit the nwnplayer.ini
    Find the [Server Options]
    Change: GameSpy Enabled=1 to NWN_PUBLICSERVER=1
    HOWEVER
    This might not work, as NWN_PUBLICSERVER=1 is for linux

You've probably already done this, but make sure that port 5120 is forwarded/triggered through your router's firewall. If your IP isn't showing gray in the listing, then there's a good chance that the list just doesn't see you. Also, try without using the modified server package (that one is still unofficial being that it's experimental and there's other issues with it, reference for it is in the original posting).

I did some, I don't know if I did enough :/ Here is a pic of the things I've done so far (did port 5121 in windows defender, and in router)

https://imgur.com/a/NyuOD
    TheGmork said:

I had the same problem with windows. That's why I moved to linux >.>
    Looking at it this is what I would try. Go to
    C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Neverwinter Nights
    Edit the nwnplayer.ini
    Find the [Server Options]
    Change: GameSpy Enabled=1 to NWN_PUBLICSERVER=1
    HOWEVER
    This might not work, as NWN_PUBLICSERVER=1 is for linux

This didn't work for me unfortunately :(
    The port needs to be UDP instead of TCP. If that doesn't work, definitely try using the default NWServer instead of the one you linked.
    Jimbobslimbob
    edited December 2017

The port needs to be UDP instead of TCP. If that doesn't work, definitely try using the default NWServer instead of the one you linked.

udp worked! woot! thank you so much! (using default NWserver)!
    Glad to see it works! :smiley:
    Ah, that's what my problem would have been then good thinking @IndyWendieGo