Skip to content

Mods working but unexpected side effects

Hello,
So I just started a new playthrough and this time I playing with mods. The mods all installed without any errors but I've stumbled across the problem. My Wild Mage is a wild mage in name only. She only has two spell slots and hasn't wild surged once. I love wild surges so this is disappointing. Could someone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    simAlity said:

Hello,
    So I just started a new playthrough and this time I playing with mods. The mods all installed without any errors but I've stumbled across the problem. My Wild Mage is a wild mage in name only. She only has two spell slots and hasn't wild surged once. I love wild surges so this is disappointing. Could someone tell me what I need to do to fix this?

If they have 2 slots at level 1 this is correct. Generalist mages have 1 slot.

Likewise, wild mages only have a 5% chance to wild surge per spell. Unless you're casting Nahal's, you're probably not going to surge very often.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Cast Nahal's Reckless Dweomer. You'll get your surges then.
  • simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
    Ah, okay. Neera seemes to surge a lot more often.

Is there a mod that will increase how often I have a wild surge?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2017
    Just memorize Nahal's Reckless Dweomer for all first level slots. That will guarantee a surge for every casting of NRD.
  • simAlitysimAlity Member Posts: 64
    I don't want to surge *every* time. I want to surge maybe 10-20% of the time. At level 1 anyway.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    simAlity said:

I don't want to surge *every* time. I want to surge maybe 10-20% of the time. At level 1 anyway.

Cast a lot, avoid wands in favour of spells, and go nova on every encounter while resting frequently. You should see plenty of surges in your playthrough.