Skip to content

Best crazy EEkeeper multiclass options

2»

Comments

• MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    @ThacoBell there is such thing as "phone camera" :) Just saying.
    Though it would be interesting to see the result of that conversation - I myself never payed a "story player" and never pay attention to important mechanics even when using them, so, can not judge.
  • therdretherdre Member Posts: 79
    I just tried giving my guys enough exp to get HLAs and it does seem like they are not getting the correct HLAs, is there any way to fix that or will I just have to add them in manually each level?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    therdre said:

I just tried giving my guys enough exp to get HLAs and it does seem like they are not getting the correct HLAs, is there any way to fix that or will I just have to add them in manually each level?

Yeah, if you're running a multikit, it's calling on the multiclass progression table for everything from HLAs to hit dice, so you won't get any kit specific HLAs. Just fix it in Keeper.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Not a multi but a dual (does that count?) but I always thought a monk dualed to a mage would be a pretty interesting combo. Likewise thief->druid, particularly in IWD where the druid spells are better
  • therdretherdre Member Posts: 79
    edited December 2017
    Most of the post's I've read about dualing a classing combination you can't do (like thief->druid) doesn't work but those posts are old, can you do that now? Cause my dream of playing a mage/druid in IWD would be amazing
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    tbone1 said:

Not a multi but a dual (does that count?) but I always thought a monk dualed to a mage would be a pretty interesting combo. Likewise thief->druid, particularly in IWD where the druid spells are better

Insurmountable, tedious fact: A dual class must be for a legal multiclass.

While a sort of Thief->Druid or Druid/Thief is notionally possible, this would need to be a mod, and the mod would have to do certain specific things as a minimum:

1) "Break" clerics, making them capable of wielding scimitars, daggers, and spears, but not able to put proficiencies in them.

2) Create a kit "Druid/Thief" that allows Cleric/Thieves with the Druid/Thief kit to give proficiencies into only "druid" weapons. I think this will need its own progression table to pull off, and a new table would need to be created for every combination - Fighter/Mage/Cleric, Mage/Cleric, Cleric/Ranger.

3) The kit would need to remove and add the appropriate priest spells to the mix every level to boot.

Pretty sure the Monastic Orders of Faerun mod could handle the Monk -> Mage though, it turns Monks into a Thief kit.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Check out Faiths and Powers in the modding section. That mod does a lot with class combinations.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    tbone1 said:

A druid that could set traps like a thief can has long been my dream class. It wouldn’t bother me if they could use only blunt weapons, as long as they had those traps.