Skip to content

I Love This Game

Really just as the the title says.

For various reasons have been messing around with playthroughs that haven't really gone as planned. My install of BG2 is a bit broken that has caused some shenanigans. I've beeen trying to write some fanfics so that's stalled another playthrough. Tried out the odd thing or the other ect. as you do. So all in all haven't loaded a new character and started a new game for a while just to play.

And it's magic.
Nothing fancy, pretty much the same charname I always am, not many mods just the basics, NPC/SCS. Not worried about no reload or any other restrictions.
(Which is just as well considering the dumb way I died just now. Who knew you couldn't kill that little group of bandit archers where you get the the Silvershield amulet on your own at level 2?)

Anyway, just wanted to post this as having so much fun. And sometimes that gets forgotten with all the discussions.

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    ThacoBell said:

BG1 is pretty great. There is something special about starting from level 1 and having to run for your life. Having the story revealed in pieces and putting together the mystery, as well as having one of the best villains in games adds so much to it as well.

I think BG fits together better storywise.
    I'm still unsure whether Irenicus meant for the CW to capture him, whichever way you look at it, there are gaping holes.
    It's quite clumsy the way the game is propelled forwards, whereas BG evolves coherently in comparison.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    i actually got BG2 first ... and later picked up BG1 .. i think bg1 is way more fun , starting out fragile as a low level ... scraping together people yourself and building a relationship....not like BG2 where you get some "companions" your are supposed to care about.

but yeah BG1 is fun , though i wanna strangle some voice actors (old and new ones !) with my bare hands.

i actually got BG2 first ... and later picked up BG1 .. i think bg1 is way more fun , starting out fragile as a low level ... scraping together people yourself and building a relationship....not like BG2 where you get some "companions" your are supposed to care about.

but yeah BG1 is fun , though i wanna strangle some voice actors (old and new ones !) with my bare hands.

Which ones? :D
    (intrigued now and being nosey)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @UnderstandMouseMagic I agree, even though BG2 is still my favorite part of the series. I can't really play any of them standalone. I consider a single experience.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    edited December 2017

lets start with vanilla Imoen, i think i never picked any other option than "GO AWAY!" in candle keep, its also 90% of the time i don't take her along. (why would i have a childish thieving rat along, even if you press the "childhood frieeeeend lore down my throat)

Neera.
    her voice would even be tolerable but her personality makes me wanna tackle and hogtie her right there in Bergeost and serve her on a silver platter to the red wizard, i even provide the knife for cutting her up.

Jaheira/Khalid , i just wanna stick them in a big sack and start beating it with a stick , and i don't care who of the 2 gets the worst.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

For me, Edwin. Looks, acts, and sounds like a guy I knew in school who, let us say, will not see a day outside of prison ever again.

tbone1 said:

For me, Edwin. Looks, acts, and sounds like a guy I knew in school who, let us say, will not see a day outside of prison ever again.

No, just no.

poor misguided fool, what to do................
    :'(

lets start with vanilla Imoen, i think i never picked any other option than "GO AWAY!" in candle keep, its also 90% of the time i don't take her along. (why would i have a childish thieving rat along, even if you press the "childhood frieeeeend lore down my throat)

Neera.
    her voice would even be tolerable but her personality makes me wanna tackle and hogtie her right there in Bergeost and serve her on a silver platter to the red wizard, i even provide the knife for cutting her up.

Jaheira/Khalid , i just wanna stick them in a big sack and start beating it with a stick , and i don't care who of the 2 gets the worst.
    You show incredibly good taste in your opinions. :)

(unlike some...I mention no names.................)
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

Neera.

I totally agree with you about Imoen and Neera. I would seriously fire a few arrows into Imoen during the prelude section if Gorion wouldn't strike me down with his insta-kill lightning bolt. Well, I guess I'd only do that if I still got the potions and wand she 'gives' me before I kick her to the curb. Neera only survives our initial encounter so that I can get the stoneskin scroll in her quest. Even then if she dies in the initial fight I usually don't bother reloading...
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited December 2017
    irving15 said:

I'm on my third play through and loving it... and I still haven't rolled anything but mages. It's amazing that there's still a whole universe of classes I haven't tried. Not that I would debase myself with playing a non mage, but still, good to know the option's there!

Oh, just wait until you discover dual classing

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    tbone1 said:

irving15 said:

I'm on my third play through and loving it... and I still haven't rolled anything but mages. It's amazing that there's still a whole universe of classes I haven't tried. Not that I would debase myself with playing a non mage, but still, good to know the option's there!

Oh, just wait until you discover dual classing

PSHF, wait until you discover MULTICLASSING.