Skip to content

IWD:EE 2.5.10.0 The Cold Wight question

zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
edited December 2017 in The 2.5 Update Beta
Edit: Removed Yxunomei.

The second aspect of this is that there is no monk friendly equipment to be had to deal with Yxunomei or Cold Wights. I always thought it was somewhat suspect that Conlan has all these +3 named weapons, but doesn't have a single +1 arrow, bolt, dagger, dart, or throwing axe to his name. Having a small number of these available (100 in total perhaps) available to deal with Cold Wights might open up party types as well.

Is this straying too far from the vanilla experience, even if we are not accounting for the upgrades that IWD:EE brings in terms of character types?
Post edited by zenblack on

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited December 2017
    Are you sure that Yxunomei can't be hit by +2 weapons? I remember killing Yxunomei with +2 arrows in my first IWD:EE playthrough. Or is this something that was changed in v2.5?

Also, there are two other +3 weapons you can get before Yxunomei: the Peacekeeper Club and the Sword of Days. However, both of those are in random loot.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    I guess you are right, it is only +2. So no issues here with her.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Cold Wights can only be hit by magical weapons, and monks can use the same weapons as thieves. Aren't there +1 and + 2 weapons before Cold Wights? Like Erevain's Broad Sword, for example.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    You are right and there is a katana +1 and short sword +1 also available that they can use.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on