Skip to content

Wish list (to be expanded indefinitely, I suppose... :-))

fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
edited November 2017 in Builders - Toolset
(Start, 2017-11-22)
1. An easy to use party companion and dialog system (e.g. BG-style, 5 NPC and a PC). And working scripts (generic of course) that we can use in the module properties to make sure things work as intended.
2. Realistic interior tilesets - how many city buildings have corridors 10' wide anyway? :-) Some guys (RWS?) created "narrow tilesets" back in the day to address this. And oh, tile variants with windows.
3. More light sources per tile, and proper blocking for lights sources (no light from a torch on the other side of a stone wall...)

(cont., 2017-11-23)
4. Subfolder support in override folder, and campaign folders and functionality too (like NWN2), but more stabile please... :-)
5. Unlockable windows (make it so that I can move the script window if I need to check something in the area editor, for example).
6. Implementation of more social skills (Sense Motive, Gather Information like found in TOEE), unless these are specific for D&D 3.5 and later.
7. Ceilings for all interior tilesets.
8. New script functions, make it possible to alter creature stats (any and all stats).
9. Proper support for newer systems (multi-CPU).
10. Editable standard palette.
11. Prefabs/placeable groups.
12. Templates for adventure creation, including an enhanced plot wizard and easy-to-use random encounters, random treasures and otherwise what's asked in for in 1. above... :-)

13. (Not toolset, but still) Rebuild all OC modules to current version of NWN - so that resources (and functions) from 1.69 actually become available in all OC campaigns.
14. (Not toolset) Restore the default music (replace HotU theme) when starting game. :-P

(cont., 2017-11-27)
15. Multi-area support. Handy when one needs to duplicate placeables from one area to another, or duplicating whole areas.
16. In-house 2da editor...

(cont., 2017-11-29)
17. Either give us proper headbands, or at least the option to hide helmets... Preferrably like in NWN2, but I realize that requires a bit of modelling work.
Post edited by fkirenicus on

Comments

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I agree with number 1. Quests and dialog conditions and other things were quick and easy to do but proper working companions is an unintuitive nightmare I still have yet to figure out. Add some functions to the Script Wizard maybe?
  • tjohn104tjohn104 Member Posts: 10
    The ability to add any spell/monster/feat to any item property. If I want a sword that shoots beholder beams, I should be able to do that!
  • BelowTheBeltBelowTheBelt Member Posts: 9
    1) CreateTrigger function that allows us to spawn any type of trigger, but most importantly 'generic' triggers (in addition to Area Transition triggers). Trap triggers are already covered with the CreateTrap function. This would be huge and enable so many possibilities to spawn scripts or effects based on OnEnter/Exit of a trigger placed in a custom location via scripting.

2) Expand CreateObject function to allow scripting to change the appearance of placeables (and possibly the other objects). Allow us to reference the 2da line so we can access all the placeable appearances in the game without having to create each placeable in the palette (and using up module resources).

3) As part of area instancing, allow scripting to specify, for a specific area tile, the tile ID, orientation, and height. That would enable almost unlimited areas that could be created through modification of a few 'base' areas.

4) Create a SetCreatureCR function to updated a creature's CR. Many times, builders modify creatures on the fly, but the CR doesn't get updated, which causes the xp system to be out of whack with the actual difficulty of the creature. There are workarounds, but a simplified function to update to a new CR would solve so many headaches.
  • SnafulatorSnafulator Member Posts: 27
    Increase the faction limit (if this hasn't already been done)

Back in the day the limit of 6 or 8 or whatever it was drove me crazy at times/
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331

Increase the faction limit (if this hasn't already been done)

Back in the day the limit of 6 or 8 or whatever it was drove me crazy at times/

You sure about this? I think I've used more than 8 factions - but I won't swear on it...
  • IndyWendieGoIndyWendieGo Member Posts: 62
    A Yes to All when removing multiple references to scripts- Taking out an outdated scripted system is taking forever to weed out. =/
  • ZoltanTheRedZoltanTheRed Member Posts: 11

A Yes to All when removing multiple references to scripts- Taking out an outdated scripted system is taking forever to weed out. =/

While we're at it, maybe they can find a way to make resource deletion in general less of a hassle. >.>
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Passing parameters from conversation nodes to scripts would be a major step forward.
  • VerilazicVerilazic Member Posts: 20
    I'd also love to see...
    Increase to the number of custom animation slots per phenotype.
    Improvements to the intelligence of the AI.
    Any stability improvements to Aurora are also welcome.
  • TheCapuletTheCapulet Member Posts: 43
    I'd like the ability to make doors static.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281

...or unusable. The difference is that a dynamic unusable door might become usable when the player learns that it is the Secret Criminal Hideout or whatever.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    Proleric said:

...or unusable. The difference is that a dynamic unusable door might become usable when the player learns that it is the Secret Criminal Hideout or whatever.
    Yep, just like the door to the Starved Dog Barking thugs or-what's-their-name in PS:T. :-)
  • superfly2000superfly2000 Member Posts: 76
    An option in the toolset to remove spawned mobs after a chosen amount of time if they are not killed.