Skip to content

Not a Bug Just an Annoyance

I am a bit disappointed with one thing that hasn't been fixed. Maybe it's just the way that NwN works. What happens is that when a group of creatures are within detection range for the first time in an area, there is a brief (well under a second) pause where everything just stops. These can be placed creatures or ones that are spawned in. It doesn't happen with just a single creature. I personally refer to it as the spawn-in stutter and it's been part of NwN from the start. I had hoped that this would be fixed in the EE version but I've just experienced it in the prologue so have no doubt it is still in the game.

It breaks immersion because it says to the player "Hey, watch out you are about to be attacked".

TR

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    The question is should I see about raising this as a bug, or just hope it gets fixed at some point?

TR
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Yes. It doesnt hurt to bring attention to it.
    I'll wait and see if it is still there in the next update.

TR
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hmmm... I have a strong suspicion this is a quirk of the engine, ramping up for combat with a number of creature scripts. Could be wrong of course.

Do you have a save-file, or mod where it would be especially evident? If so, I'd suggest filing a bug. Worst case scenario I can get someone to see it, and get a judgement call from that end as well.
  • shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    TR,
    Are there a lot of different models and/or parts-based models involved in the encounter? Do you think it might be the same delay effect seen when loading horse models?
    -Dave
    Try the oc prologue. There were just 4 goblins at the end of a hallway.

TR
    As this was one of the question's asked of Trent Oster in Lilura's Interview, I won't progress it for now.

TR