Skip to content

IWD:EE HOF Not Staying on?

Just started a HOF run on IWD and I found anytime I die or reload, the game flicks back to insane difficulty. It even at times says its on HOF mode and is not as the enemies die a lot faster and I know the difference!
Please advise if im doing something wrong or if this is a bug.
(Playing on latest beta version)
Preyer

Comments

• McpoppinfreshMcpoppinfresh Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2017
    My bad its Heart of Winter (HOW) not Heart of Fury :(

Edit: Aw Jeez it is HOF, so embarrassing.
    Post edited by Mcpoppinfresh on
  • PreyerPreyer Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2017
    I have the same problem. Newer (today?) saves seem to revert the difficulty to Insane and turn off Heart of Fury.

This bug seems really similar in effect to the one that Legacy of Bhaal mode had, where the saves reverted to Insane.
    Mcpoppinfresh
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This is a known issue, https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34043 (submitted to the internal tracker).

Everyone, please, use https://support.baldursgate.com to report issues and check if the issue you're encountering is already reported.
    PreyerRAM021
  • PreyerPreyer Member Posts: 16
    Is there any way for me to comment on the issue, which I did not create myself?

I've noticed that when saving the global variable GAMEDIFFICULTY is set to 6 instead of 7. In the older saves it was set to 7 and HoF continued working, in the ones it breaks its set to 6.

Setting it to 7 with EEKEEPER keeps HoF on and working.
    RAM021sarevok57Proont
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    As long as you're logged in, you can comment on issues even created by other users.
    Preyer
  • hockmah2hockmah2 Member Posts: 10
    Same problem here... Any solution?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hockmah2 said:

Same problem here... Any solution?

try using Preyer's idea just above
    JuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so i just tried Preyer's idea, and it doesn't work all that flawlessly, so first if you use EE keeper and set it to 7, and make sure before you open the game you have it set to HoF mode, then yes it does work, BUT if you reload that file at ANY time, then it will still go back done to insane and turn HoF mode off

although even with this said i was still able to activate the "beat the game on HoF mode" achievement B)
    bleusteelJuliusBorisovProont