Skip to content

Process for getting a level 30/30/30 character

themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
Could somebody explain how you would go about getting level 30 in three classes? For example, if you capped a character at 30, could you dual-class then, or do you have to do it before? Are there any mistakes that could prevent you from being able to do it? (outside of class/alignment restrictions)

Comments

• zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    You play a multiclass with 3 classes. FMT or FMC. Elf/HElf mandatory.
    Proont
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    about dual class, just dual at level 29; the game is level capped but not xp capped, so no problem to get 30 on the second class
    Quartz
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Daevelon said:

about dual class, just dual at level 29; the game is level capped but not xp capped, so no problem to get 30 on the second class

I'm confused. Does that mean I can't go all the way to 30 and then start a new class?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    For dualclassing, you regain the abilities of your old class when your new class exceeds the old class in levels. So if you level your old class up to 30, your new class can never be 31, so you never regain your old class abilities.
    themazingnessProontKenjiQuartz
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Thels said:

For dualclassing, you regain the abilities of your old class when your new class exceeds the old class in levels. So if you level your old class up to 30, your new class can never be 31, so you never regain your old class abilities.

So how do you get level 30 in the first class?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Could somebody explain how you would go about getting level 30 in three classes? For example, if you capped a character at 30, could you dual-class then, or do you have to do it before? Are there any mistakes that could prevent you from being able to do it? (outside of class/alignment restrictions)

i am assuming you are talking about the achievement, and as zenblack said, you MUST be a triple class character ( elf fighter/mage thief for example)

probably the most painless way of doing it is play a solo game on story mode with the bonus XP checked to yes, plus you will also get the flying solo achievement as well, earning multiple achievements with one go
    themazingnessDragonspear
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    The only way to get 30/30/30 is to start as a triple class character.
    themazingnessJuliusBorisovDragonspear
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Just to make things absolutely clear: Multi-classing (a triple class character) means that you start in three classes at level 1 and they all progress together as you gain XP. Also, only Elves and Half-Elves can multi-class.

Thels said:

So how do you get level 30 in the first class?
    The same as you do with any character - by gaining XP. Every dual class character starts off as a single class and only becomes a dual class when you decide to dual him/her - there is no option to select 'dual class' at character creation because you have to be at least level 2 in your first class before you can dual into a second class (if your character has enough points in that class and is Human).
    I'm not sure if it's accurate, but there seems to be a cap of 8 million XP for Single and Dual class characters. It's higher for Multi and Triple class characters. Single, Multi and Triple class characters should always be able to reach level 30, but Dual class characters may not if you Dual at a very high level.

If you plan to Dual at a very high level, then what's the point of Dualing? You may as well go Multiclass.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    dunbar said:

Just to make things absolutely clear: Multi-classing (a triple class character) means that you start in three classes at level 1 and they all progress together as you gain XP. Also, only Elves and Half-Elves can multi-class.

@dunbar I think everyone except humans can multi-class.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellsarevok57Proont
    @FinneousPJ My mistake - random senility-induced brain-fade.
    FinneousPJ
    I think you meant that only they could triple-class.
    sarevok57ProontFinneousPJQuartz
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Years ago I managed to complete IWD solo with a Fighter/Mage/Cleric on Heart of Fury mode starting from level 1... Let me tell you that it was not a walk in the park! I plan to do it again once patch 2.5 is finalized in order to get the achievements :-)
    DaevelonProontDragonspearBalrog99
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Altair said:

Years ago I managed to complete IWD solo with a Fighter/Mage/Cleric on Heart of Fury mode starting from level 1... Let me tell you that it was not a walk in the park! I plan to do it again once patch 2.5 is finalized in order to get the achievements :-)

You can get the achievements already, in the open beta (although right now there're placeholder images used instead of the real ones).
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Altair said:

I can't wait to do something similar, i will play as fighter/mage/thief and my girlfriend as fighter/mage/cleric... half-elf and elf. Any ideas, not specific, for the release ETA of 2.5?
    Quartz
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128

Altair said:

You can get the achievements already, in the open beta (although right now there're placeholder images used instead of the real ones).
    Thanks Julius - but if I get the achievements now in the open beta game, will they stay valid on my steam account when 2.5 is released or will I have to obtain them again?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    sarevok57 said:

i am assuming you are talking about the achievement, and as zenblack said, you MUST be a triple class character ( elf fighter/mage thief for example)

probably the most painless way of doing it is play a solo game on story mode with the bonus XP checked to yes, plus you will also get the flying solo achievement as well, earning multiple achievements with one go
    That way you get the following achievements:

Flying Solo

Storyteller

At least 3 Epic-something (Mage, Rogue, Warrior, Priest)

Living Legend

Ultimate Warrior
    themazingnessRAM021