Skip to content

Randomly Generated Party

Hey folks, I used a random number generator to choose a 6-person party from the 43 (I hope that’s right) available classes to see what I would get. I got:

Kensai
Inquisitor
Blade
Skald
Thief
Mage

Anyone have any opinions on this party reguarding strengths/weaknesses? Ostensibly I would also take it into BG2. Let me know what you think, and thank you!
tbone1

Comments

• GooGoo Member Posts: 1
    Stock up on healing potions.
    Raduzieltbone1sarevok57
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Two primary warriors, three arcane casters, one thief and three HLA traps users?

Yeah, you should steamroll all the way through ToB with that lineup. Using clerics for healing is suboptimal anyway.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    While it's true, clerics for healing is sub-optimal. He also misses out on a lot of great divine buffs with that party.
    tbone1
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Elrood said:

43 (I hope that’s right) available classes

Seems low.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    well, depending on race and stats, and ofc your own rules, you could dual class the kensai or the thief into cleric and then you will have everything covered.

But it's good enough to play with and I gotta say, being randomized, that's a pretty diverse and good group you managed to roll for yourself. You could have ended up with a couple of Wizard slayer and/or Beast masters etc and no thief.

• BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99

While it's true, clerics for healing is sub-optimal. He also misses out on a lot of great divine buffs with that party.

I'm old and stubborn, and prone to not trust things I have always believed for no other reason than that's how we rolled em up when Unearthed Arcanea Came out............anyway, someone please tell this old and feeble gamer how using a cleric for healing is sub-optimal, please.........I'm not doubting you, I just can't wrap my goofy head around this concept, how am I healing up the tanks or heaven forbid when I let somebody sneeze on one of the Mages. Are there enough potions and scrolls laying around?.........Thanks
  • Yann1989Yann1989 Member Posts: 92
    I don't know but I'll have a guess. Clerics may heal but instead, they could cast a spell to disable an enemy, while your tank can drink a potion to replenish their health. The problem being, it does cost some money in the long run. This however becomes less problematic by the end of BG1, as you'll get rich after some time.
  • Yann1989Yann1989 Member Posts: 92
    Alternatively, clerics can remove fear, confusion, and so on... They have so much to do, but healing is still essential.
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    The buffing of the Bard Song and the Bard casting level for their spells will help make up for no buffing Cleric.
    Bloodstone
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    This actually gives me a reason to play a bard for once now that I think about it.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I suspect it would be best to slot your Inquisitor into a defensive role, though that might mean missing out on Carsomyr for much of BG2 (a thing of great lamentation, I realise). S/he is likely to be your core defensive party member, though a buffed Bard at higher levels will be fine as your off-tank. A Kensai, Blade and Mage can handle much of the damage dealing anyway, and the Inquisitor's auxiliary abilities will compensate the loss of some of Carsomyr's overt advantages.
    tbone1