Skip to content

[Legacy of Bhaal]Getting troubles with dismissing and recruiting custom members

kingnightkingnight Member Posts: 54
edited December 2017 in The 2.5 Update Beta
Recently I has been trying LOB difficulty with my custom team, but I'm facing a serious problem with dismissing and re-recruiting my team members. The problem is stated as follows:

First dismiss one of my member, and then save the game, and then reload the previously saved game, and then recruit the dismissed member again, and then the re-recruited member will level up to 14 LV.

This is prettly annoying, because I have finished most of the main plots, and just getting started to shoot out these NPC tasks, such as Neera's, Dorn's etc, which will force you recruiting them.

I have tested this bug with the Steam version and the GOG version, and both appear the same problem, and then the same with both the *BG1EE* and *BG2EE*, so I just post the thread under the General Discussion block.

I wonder if anyone who play with their created team has encountered the same problem, if someone had already discussed this issue and had found a solution, please leave a note. And, if somebody had reported a bug on the bug reporting system, it's great, if not then I appeal deeply for someone, who is familiar with the system, to test and report a bug on the system for me, because I have tried and failed, it's just too complicated for me. Now we all know that developers is currently working on a 2.5 patch, if they have our report, then there's great chance the problem being solved before their future release. If somebody has done so, please leave a note. Besides, I haven't got a chance to install the newly released 2.5 patch tester beta, because I haven't finished my original game yet, I just don't want to spoil my original settings(even without taking the NPC's task). If there's somebody has played with the tester, and found out the previously mentioned problem being fixed, please leave a note.

Thanks all your guys.

PS: We all know that if we create a party with *BG2EE*, once you dismissed your member, which I mean truly, you can never find them back(also I think this is another problem, but won't be discussion under the current thread) ,
if you want to test my issue with *BG2EE*, here is my tip that will help you avoid the above problem, if you still don't know. The method is: just get your team enter a different area, such as hotel, house whatever, and then make one of your member walk far away from you, and then dismiss him, and then quickly get outside, to recruit him back, just enter the area again, and then talk to him.
Post edited by kingnight on

Comments

• kingnightkingnight Member Posts: 54
    Sorry, that I have to add that the problem I am discussing seams only appear with Legacy of Bhaal difficulty.
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    Yep, happens to me all the time. In order to avoid it I export character before dismissing him/her and after I finish NPC plot I move my save to multiplayer game and import dismissed member back.

Note that this only works with custom NPCs rather than quest ones.

I don't play with quest ones so maybe someone else has an advice here.
    @Myrag
    Thanks for the answer, after a little try, I found your method work pretty well. It's good for BG2 since the dismissed member just disappear, it seams quiet of normal to just import them back, but with BG1, I encountered duplicated characters, after every dismissing/importing, a duplicate of the dismissed member remain inside the game. I got a chilly feeling about this, since it remind me of a psychological horror movie, Triangle. But still, this's the best of what we can get for now, so thank a lot again!
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    kingnight said:

I got a chilly feeling about this, since it remind me of a psychological horror movie, Triangle.

lol oh no! I wish you hadn't said that because now I'll make that association now too
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 328
    kingnight said:

@Myrag
    Thanks for the answer, after a little try, I found your method work pretty well. It's good for BG2 since the dismissed member just disappear, it seams quiet of normal to just import them back, but with BG1, I encountered duplicated characters, after every dismissing/importing, a duplicate of the dismissed member remain inside the game. I got a chilly feeling about this, since it remind me of a psychological horror movie, Triangle. But still, this's the best of what we can get for now, so thank a lot again!

To avoid this simply invite them back to party before moving save to multiplayer and then delete character from multiplayer screen rather than reform party and import exported one.
    edited December 2017
    @Myrag
    Myrag said:

To avoid this simply invite them back to party before moving save to multiplayer and then delete character from multiplayer screen rather than reform party and import exported one.

Yeah, I finally got what you mean, it's good , problem solved then.

And so did @Dorcus
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please, report issues if they still happen in the 2.5 beta.
    edited May 2018
    @JuliusBorisov
    Hi there, I had just examined the released patch notes, and I couldn't find any topic seams to relate to my issue here. Besides, I really wish to see this kind of problem being fixed, but I don't have the chance to play the beta patch, and I have received no further report on this issue since the last time, so I completely unaware the current situation. I have the fear that this issue would be forgotton by people, and I will make sure this never happens, so I just report a new redmine: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/37079.

Will you please take a look on this problem whenever you have the chance, and let me being noted, aye?

Thank you for reading!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for submitting a bug report - this is the correct way. You'll get email notifications about progress on it.
    kingnight