Skip to content

Beamdog Client exit code: 127

What exactly is exit code: 127? A web search gives this as a result, which is not of any help.

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/31876

Trying to search the forum is of no help because the forum search feature does not correctly recognize exclamation marks (" ") or plus signs (+).

I updated to the latest Beamdog Client for Linux 64-bit, beamdogClient-2.1.3-x86_64.AppImage. The client launched with no problems. I verified my install of Planescape. The game will not start regardless of me starting it from within Beamdog Client or clicking on the file in the install location. Below is the error code listed within Beamdog Client.

The Beamdog Client encountered an error trying to run Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition (Retail). Please contact Beamdog support and mention exit code: 127

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think the best way would be to create a bug report in https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/beamdog-client-public-bugs/issues mentioning your operating software and attaching all the logs.

a) Right-click the cog in the bottom right of the Beamdog Client
    b) Select "Open Log folder"
    c) Close the Beamdog Client
    d) Attach (In a .zip) all of the files within this folder to your report.
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    No one has ever encountered exit code: 127 & no one has any idea how to resolve it???
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Here is something on 127.
    ValamirCleaver
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    @Doubledimas thank you for that, I had previously found that via web searches. As far as I can tell there in no information there that would allow one to resolve my issue, that the game will not start from within Beamdog Client or clicking on the file in the install location. There is also no elaboration as to what specifically exit code: 127 is or means.

No one on Linux has ever encountered exit code: 127 & no one has any idea how to resolve it???
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

No one on Linux has ever encountered exit code: 127 & no one has any idea how to resolve it???

I don't know. The devs can help you resolve it, and the way to get a solution is to report your issue as a separate ticket (as the ticket you mention is closed).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovAnit
  • AnitAnit Member Posts: 1
    I did what you said and now my game boots!!! thank you
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • emanuelmentaemanuelmenta Member Posts: 13
    I have the same problem. What is the solution? because the user who posted it was deleted and now I can't see it
    I have the same problem. What is the solution? because the user who posted it was deleted and now I can't see it

What are your system and game you have trouble with?