Skip to content

How to open premium modules?

Bioware really dropped the ball in encrypting these. I was rather hoping Beamdog would have the sense in unlocking these, but I'm not seeing it. Can anyone tell me how to open these in the "enhanced edition", please?

Comments

• PhenomenPhenomen Member Posts: 33
    I have no problem opening those in EE. They're not encrypted.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    I'm pretty green, but where in the Toolset are you finding them? I'm not seeing them list under Normal Modules or Campaign Modules.
    edited December 2017
    data/nwm
    copy to Documents/Neverwinter Nights/modules
    change extension from .nwm to .mod

(I will check when I return home. Don't remember exact locations)
    Post edited by Phenomen on
    @Philhelm: Thank you! Was this option available even before the EE head start? I'm getting an error that says the modules were created with a newer game version, but I'll play around with them more after I get some sleep. Also, the largest .nwm file was 26 KB. Most of the other OCs are 15000-30000ish KB, so it looks like I'm still missing a lot of content at a glance. Thanks again, though.
    @Jidokwon okay after double check I can confirm that premium modules are encrypted in EE. But they're decrypted in GOG's Diamond Edition if you use "Premium Modules Re-installer". Those 19kb files will turn into proper modules.
    edited December 2017
    Thank you again and to GOG for having the sense of unlocking these for people that paid for the content. How about it Beamdog? Let's get with it, please.

Edit: I just ran the Premium Modules Re-installer on my GOG version, but they still appear to be encrypted. Has anyone actually been able to open and mod these in the toolset of any version? More specifically, I'm still hoping to hear how I can access all of the content of the $40 EE version that many of us have now paid multiple times for.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Hey @JuliusBorisov any news on this, 3 solid years later?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    No news yet. It's technically not 3 years yet: the OP is Dec, 2017 (before we even launced the game on Steam & GOG), and during a livestream in 2018 Trent said it would take 3 years to develop those features that were in the works at that time.

We're working on NWN:EE, doing one step at a time. FPS improvements, pathfinding fixes. The renderer is still in the works.