Skip to content

Modding BG2EE for Mac OSX on Steam

ericthelutheranericthelutheran Member Posts: 10
I posted this in the steam forum and they suggested I ask here.

I'm having trouble getting any mods to work.

I found the file location (library/application support/steam/steamapps/common/BG2EE with the chitin file.

This is where I get confused...when I download the mod folders, they're not zipped or anything, they're just folders. So I copy the folder into the game folder...but when I click the setup.command file, it always gives me an error when it's in the folder (using the De'Arnise romance mod as an example):
/Users/xx/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II\ Enhanced\ Edition/OSX-deArnise_v5/Setup-deArnise.command ; exit;
/Users/xx/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/OSX-deArnise_v5/Setup-deArnise.command: line 5: 65689 Killed: 9               ./Setup-deArnise
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
[Process completed]

Or this when it's moved to the game folder:
/Users/xx/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II\ Enhanced\ Edition/Setup-deArnise.command ; exit;
/Users/xx/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Setup-deArnise.command: line 5: ./Setup-deArnise: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]
Any chance someone can give me a "for dummies" explanation?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ericthelutheranericthelutheran Member Posts: 10
    Getting this error:

Last login: Tue Dec 19 22:08:46 on ttys000 Erics-MBP-2:~ xx$ cd '/Users/xx/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur'\''s Gate II Enhanced Edition/' Erics-MBP-2:Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition xx$ ./setup-deArnise -bash: ./setup-deArnise: Permission denied Erics-MBP-2:Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition xx$
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2017
    Thanks, subtledoc.

Since you're here and being gracious (thank you), I have a seriously noobish question.

I don't know how to be certain that I'm in the correct directory in Terminal...I don't know how to direct it to where I want the commands to work.

My fear is entering the command and it affecting things I don't intend outside the game....I can always do a clean install if I mess it up inside the game.

Can you please explain how to navigate to the correct directory so I can try the solutions on the HHG for mods?

Edit:

I've done some searching, can do "cd library" and get to that folder. I can't figure out how to move through to Application Support/steam/steamapps/common/bgiiee. It says Application Support doesn't exist.

I did get into Application Support by doing cd ~/'Library/Application Support/', and could get to the common folder, but am stuck at how to get into the bg2ee folder in there so I can get to the game directory...
    Post edited by ericthelutheran on
    edited December 2017
    This is what I keep getting:

Last login: Wed Dec 20 10:05:38 on ttys001 erics-mbp-2:common xx$ cd ~/Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition -bash: cd: /Users/xx/Baldurs: No such file or directory erics-mbp-2:common xx$ cd ~/'Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition/' -bash: cd: /Users/xx/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition/: No such file or directory erics-mbp-2:common xx$ ls Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Planet Nomads Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Subnautica erics-mbp-2:common xx$
    Post edited by ericthelutheran on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    You don't have the apostrophe in the directory name in your cd command. "Baldurs Gate" and "Baldur's Gate" are not the same to the operating system. Try the following command:

cd "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/"
    edited December 2017

You don't have the apostrophe in the directory name in your cd command. "Baldurs Gate" and "Baldur's Gate" are not the same to the operating system. Try the following command:

cd "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/"

That was a late-stage attempt to get into it after trying something similar.

Running @subtledoctor 's launcher sucessfully got me into the folder! I ended up getting "permission denied" scripts.

Here's what happened when I attempted the scripts @AstroBryGuy posted in HHG to mods:

After MUCH Google and reading, I found this link.

Here is what did it, by unreservedSteve over there: "The unarchiver you're using isn't setting execute permission on the .command file. Run Terminal (it's in Applications/Utilities) and type:
    chmod +x (drag-and-drop your .command file and then press Return)".

Did the romance mod right into setup using @subtledoctor's installer. :)