Skip to content

My New Playthrough (2.5 Beta)

Well, time for me to do a new playthrough. Any advice?

Character?
Should I download the mods now or do a modded playthrough later?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Do something you haven't tried or have hesitated to try. A mixed party with custom party members of classes (kits) rare for you, and NPCs you don't use often.

I've tried SCS - it works with the beta.
    Aerakar
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I had to go modded, just to check compatibility. I don't want to see some of my favs go by without the modders not having the chance to check for possible errors. A few newer and older ones revised for BG +SoD did not work (chain 3 or append errors). Some gave options for BG only vs BG+SoD, which I thought was a nice touch. Overall no probs that I noticed with most of my usual add ons.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    These are both excellent points.

I have however decided to go unmodded (for the first time in years) for my first playthrough. I will record my results (as well as my character's progress) and then do the same for a modded run.
    JuliusBorisov
    Decided to play my new game as a female archer named Zarrus.

Need help/reminder on how to get custom portraits into the game.
    edited December 2017
    @JuliusBorisov
    SCS? No thanks, I tried that once and it smacked me around like I was Loki in The Avengers
    GreenWarlock
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Decided to play my new game as a female archer named Zarrus.

Need help/reminder on how to get custom portraits into the game.

Save the picture in the 24-bit bmp format, name it something like 1eM.bmp and put into the Portraits folder in Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
    Had trouble getting the game to load as it kept clicking out to my browser, turns out however that it was a problem with my computer and not the game.

Haven't really started playing yet so nothing to report.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2017

Not a bug report, just a neat add-on to admire, the player is now informed on what each item they acquire from a quest or event is (barring items that require identification of course)

Really? This is great!. I was about to add a ticket to Redmine and ask for this feature... Nice catch!
    I think the same holds when the party loses an item, right?
    JuliusBorisovAedan
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Hah, I was looking for this picture :smile: This is an awesome new feature! @JuliusBorisov Are there any more cool new things like this?
    AedanGreenWarlock
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947

Not a bug report, just a neat add-on to admire, the player is now informed on what each item they acquire from a quest or event is (barring items that require identification of course)

Just like KOTOR 2. This makes BG young again.

Aerakar
    Just wanted to let you all know that I work on the weekends, so I will do little if any posting of my playthrough during that time.

I will likely start again on Monday, but it will take some time to get this playthrough off the ground since I haven't played the game in ages.
    JuliusBorisov

19 years and yet another patch later and this man still goes north instead of south. For shame, developers. For shame! :P

This is my number one biggest pet peeve in the Baldur's Gate series, but if it is never fixed I'll be okay with that, because it will mean I get to make fun of it for all eternity :P

In all seriousness, my playthrough is going great, just recruited Neera and will be heading south to Nashkel tomorrow, no major bugs so far. Wish me luck!
    AerakarJuliusBorisov

Zarrus is now a Fallen Ranger because Khalid just HAD to go and accidentally kill a couple of commoners.

Nice hit, Khalid. But you still haven't redeemed yourself.

AerakarJuliusBorisov

The party's first real death (don't worry we resurrected her)

Garrick on the other hand was torn apart by Wild Dogs on the way back into Beregost, he was not resurrected.
    JuliusBorisov

There is just so much going on in this one shot that I had to post it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Great archer charname pic @ZaramMaldovar !
    @Aerakar
    Thanks, but It's not mine. I found it in a portrait pack.

Khalid and Kagain do NOT get along

But Kagain's equipment is starting to look pretty good.

Aerakar
    Due to some computer problems this thread and this run are sadly concluded.

However this will live on as my last 2.3 run before the patch comes out.