Skip to content

Half-elf paladin

Scourge2Scourge2 Member Posts: 32
I'm new to mods. Is there one out there that will let me create a half-elf paladin in BG:EE and let me carry him over to BG2:EE? If so, how do I download and install it? Thanks!

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Tweaks Anthology can remove race/class restrictions.
  • Scourge2Scourge2 Member Posts: 32
    The install is failing. I put it in the game folder, but it says Failure("Not a game directory"). What do I need to do?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2017
    Scourge2 said:

The install is failing. I put it in the game folder, but it says Failure("Not a game directory"). What do I need to do?

Make sure you are installing it in your game directory. If you are running windows that should be somewhere in program files (not in my documents).
    Lol. My game folders are all in My Documents.
    Should I move them to Program Files and start over? Will that affect my save files or gameplay?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Scourge2, before you do that, have another look... If you have a desktop icon, right click on the icon and select properites. This will show you where the program executable is installed (shown as 'target'). If you don't have a desktop icon, look at the properties of the start menu icon (right click on it).

The 'save' area for the games are located in the Documents folder, so you will have these folders as well.

Gus
    StummvonBordwehr
    AAARRGGHHH!!! What little hair I have, I'm pulling it out! I've tried to install this mod in the following folders, but nothing has worked.

Desktop (***My game icons are here***)
    Documents (***BG & BG2 folders are here***)
    Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    Documents\Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition (***I put it here because the ms.dos prompt said to "Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory."***)
    Program Files (x86)
    Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\ BGII - SoA (***this was the sysyem's initial prompt***)
    Program Files (x86)\Steam
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam\games

Where am I going wrong?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    I don't have Steam versions of the game, but the folder name '.\Black Isle\BGII - SOA' looks to me as if it is the original version of the game.

Do you have a folder name something like:
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

This would be for BG:EE and there should be something similar for BG2:EE.

For info,
    Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition (This is where you will find your saved games, add custom portraits and character files)
    Documents\Infinity Engine - Enhanced Edition (is where you will find dump files for any crashes)

You should also have
    Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition (for your saved games for BG2EE, add portraits and character files)

Another question arises for when installing mods. Do you have Siege of Dragonspear as well as there is another step to do prior to installing mods. That is running Modmerge which prepares SoD for modding...

If you need help running modmerge, just ask in this discussion...

Hope this helps
    Gus

Artona
    That did the trick! Thanx for the help!
    GusindaRAM021