Skip to content

Advanced AI in IWD?

I was disappointed to see that Advanced AI didn't make it into the IWD beta. I didn't even realize how much I rely on it in BG until I started playing IWD again and it wasn't there. I'm trying the standard scripts, but they really aren't as good.

Is this planned for the final version? Or is Advanced AI not coming to IWD. Frankly, I think it make even more sense in IWD since it's such a combat heavy game.

Comments

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    This update mostly focused on multiplayer, with them hinting at more updates yet to come. So if it isn't in this update it could be in a later update.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @BillyYank It's better to file a request for this.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

@BillyYank It's better to file a request for this.

Done.
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34211
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    I would say better monster AI is needed - the monsters are stupid and lock on a single target which they follow indefinitely.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i've noticed that a lot of the stats/states/mods are missing in IWD from the BG series, in the BG EEs i can make great player useable AIs, but in IWD, its a bit harder,

for example:

when i make an AI for my berserker character, i can make him berserk against a strong enemy, but if he has more than 1 enrage my character will keep enraging until he drains them all, in BG EE i can make him use only the one, but IWD seems to not be able to do it that way

i would have thought that the 2.5 patch would make all the stats/states/mods the same so i could take my BG scripts into IWD with no muss or fuss
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Iwd does allow you to work with timers. It is a bit more work to scale the AI with the berserk duration but you should be able to manage that.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    lroumen said:

Iwd does allow you to work with timers. It is a bit more work to scale the AI with the berserk duration but you should be able to manage that.

oi, i hated using timers, sometimes they would work, sometimes not quite the way i wanted them to, or sometimes just not at all, it would be nice if 2.5 had the same everything all across the board, making modding easier and more options
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Well, you are fully right on that.