Skip to content

No longer able to re-scale the ui after upgrading to deluxe edition

After upgrading to the deluxe edition of the game the option to change the scale of the ui now seems to be stuck on 1? Saying min 1 max 1. Before upgrading i was able to change this value and enjoy bigger ui elements. Am i doing something wrong now?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Are you sure your resolution hasn't changed in the process?
  • britishjbritishj Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2017
    Everything is set to 1920x1080 however the ui option is only enabling a 1 by 1 UI ratio witch is very small. Before upgrading i was able to display a much bigger ui.

• MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210
    I got DD straight up and just thought this was a work in progress but yes me too. UI only gives 1 option- 1
    All the bugs and crashes are understandable seeing as their changing the codebase of the game, i'm just confirming these are actually bugs or if there's something wrong on my end.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited December 2017
    I'm wondering about it too, and with the realization that it is a Head Start test-run, I'll assume this is going to be taken care of, but literally the ONLY reason I spent the $20 to upgrade from my GOG version is the get a scaling UI at 1080p, based on this line:

Improved Display: Your portrait, combat bar, inventory, and other UI elements adjust in size based on your chosen resolution including 1080p and 4k.

Was this something people were able to do before the latest patch, or has it not been implemented yet?? I realize there should be no expectation of all the features at this point, but if there isn't UI scaling, I basically just threw away a $20 bill.

Edit: I should add I'm having the exact same problem. 1920x1080 and no option to scale the UI.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2017
    I'll add I wouldn't have any particular problem playing at, say, 1024x768, except that none of the new graphical options (specifically anti-aliasing) seem to work at all at that resolution. I'm hopeful this can get a fix or solution eventually before release, as 1080p is, at least for laptops, pretty much a standard resolution at this point. However, if for whatever reason this can't be worked out by official release, I would suggest Beamdog remove line in the product information page that uses 1080p and UI scaling in the same sentence, because people will reasonably expect that is an option that is being provided.
    Post edited by jjstraka34 on
    Wow that's actually really bad? They really need to change the wording on the product page if their not going to change this. I would also like to know if they are going to change this to allow resolution switching again on standard resolutions.
    britishj said:

Wow that's actually really bad? They really need to change the wording on the product page if their not going to change this. I would also like to know if they are going to change this to allow resolution switching again on standard resolutions.

I have to agree, I was totally disappointed after I installed it last night. Again, this is what early-access is for. But if 1920x1080 resolutions won't benefit from the UI scaling, and the graphical features remain essentially useless on lower resolutions, you'll hear from ALOT of people who saw that as one of the major features who will be.....less than kind. Especially once it goes live on Steam.
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    They're going to refactor the UI. Deep breaths everyone.