Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Game Not Working on Android O

hareeshreddyhareeshreddy Member Posts: 1
I happen be playing Baldur's Gate in my Galaxy Note 8 for a while now. I genuinely love playing it. The game was working just fine when it was ran on android nougat however today I received the latest android oreo update. Now whenever I am trying to open the game it's only displaying a white blank screen and automatically after few seconds later closing itself. How do I fix this error?

P.S: Please don't suggest uninstalling the game because I seriously don't want to loose all my progress :'(:s:(
Post edited by hareeshreddy on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited January 2018
    @hareeshreddy, welcome to the forum.

Can I suggest reinstalling (which will require the uninstall first of course) your game then :smile:... Before you do, go to the folder '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition' and rename it to '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.backup' before uninstalling. It will not be deleted (have done this many times) as part of the uninstall. After reinstalling, I usually start the game first to make sure all runs as it should, this will create a new '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition' folder. Close the game and then copy the contents from '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.backup' to the newly created folder. All will be as it was or at east your saved games will be.

I don't know whether this will fix the problem of not restarting under Oreo, but it is certainly one of the first steps in problem solving I would do...

Hope it helps
    Gus

Edit:
    One thing I forgot to do (which actually should be the first step in problem solving app probs...) is to clear the cache. If your not aware how to do this, go to the 'Application Manager' and select Baldur's Gate. Not sure where it is found in Oreo, but on mine (Marshmallow), I then select 'Storage' then 'Clear Cache'.

Edit 2: Found this...
    In Android 8.0, clearing the cached data is only possible app by app, under ‘Settings > Apps & notifications’, then by selecting an app, and hitting Storage.
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov