Skip to content

Reputation Query

Jaheira and Yoshimo just complained that our rep hit 16. I thought they would be happy in the EE version (that's what the manual says)? Many thanks

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Neutral characters start to complain if rep gets TO high. Its a game engine quirk.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ilduderino
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    I thought that was the case in the original but this was changed in the EE? Jaheira was very happy with a rep of 20 in BG1 EE
    [Deleted User]
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    worse case scenario you don't have to worry, this has no effect on them as characters, and neutral characters will never leave if your REP is 20

also, coincedently for jaheira's quest, at the very end you will need it to be relatively high if you want to succeed and get the harper pin
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Shandaxx said:

ThacoBell said:

Neutral characters start to complain if rep gets TO high. Its a game engine quirk.

Yeah it used to be that way. But wasn't that changed specifically for the enhanced editions?
    You know, I don't recall her complaining at all in my recent run (I was at 20 constantly).

@ilduderino Did you reputation drop to hit 16? Neutral and good characters complain if you have a drop for any reason, no matter how high the new result is.
    sarevok57
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Thanks for the replies. It was on the move from 15 rep to 16, which I think is when the manual says neutrals become happy. Both Jaheira and Yoshimo said something like they didn't like how the group was developing. Am now in the underwater city but can update when I am back in Athkatla about if this happens again. It is good Jaheira won't leave as a result either way but my PC likes to lead a happy group