Skip to content

Icewind Dale: New beta Steam achievements do not unlock on existing savegames

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
edited December 2017 in The 2.5 Update Beta
Hello!

It seems that the beta 2.5 achievements for Icewind Dale: EE do not unlock if you load pre-2.5 savegames. Is this working as intended?

Or maybe they unlock much much further in the game? So far I am in chapter 4: Dorns Keep. It is strange that there are no achievements for solving previous quests.
Post edited by fetito666 on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    If you use an old save, the achievements are not guaranteed to work backwards.

Every achievement is unlocked when a certain variable is reached, so it's a tricky case when you load a savegame.
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    It seems none of the achievements are unlocking. Dunno about the story related, but I tried the "Band of Villains", "Order of Guardians", "Company of Champions" (Having a party of specific alignment for all party members). None of them worked. I also tried the classic "Oathbreaker" (Become fallen Paladin/Ranger) and that didn't work as well.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    There's an issue with achivements that the team is trying to sort out. So wait a bit (not sure how long).
    Everyone on Steam playing IWD:EE - there's a new IWD:EE build out for Steam that should enable the achievements! Enjoy and achieve them all!
  • CARV3RCARV3R Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 23
    edited December 2017
    I've reinstalled the game, production version shows v1.4.0; I've created a new game, but no achievements unlock. Are Steam achievements only currently available to beta versions?
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    CARV3R said:

I've reinstalled the game, production version shows v1.4.0; I've created a new game, but no achievements unlock. Are Steam achievements only currently available to beta versions?

Yes, you'll need to opt into the beta to be able to unlock them currently.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Everyone on Steam playing IWD:EE - there's a new IWD:EE build out for Steam that should enable the achievements! Enjoy and achieve them all!

all achievements achieved although the "finish the game on story mode" and "find the game on HoF mode" are a little wonky to activate