Old All Things Mazzy Thread

13»

Comments

• AchaeanAchaean Member Posts: 9
    Be a true shame if it has.
    ThacoBell
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    ThacoBell said:

Has the Mazzy romance curse struck again?

Nooooooooooo
    ThacoBell
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    edited January 2018
    Hi folks, I know it's been awhile. I'm mostly here to tell you that this mod isn't actually dead. However, the progress will likely continue to be glacial until @BCaesar's kids get older.

So, while we will finish this eventually, anyone who wants to borrow part of our code for their own projects is welcome to do so. I imagine this offer will be more popular once we get out the next part, which should have a working Clara and fix that Talos glitch.
    ThacoBellCaszidy
    edited January 2018
    Seriously, there will be a romance someday. We promise. Even the shorties will get the chance for romance then.

And if you have a question that needs a quick response, it's probably best to tag me. I get emails if I'm mentioned but I don't think BCaesar does.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Ratatoskr @BCaesar Whatever happens in the future, I really appreciate the work you guys put into this mod. And I totally understand the kid situation, having spent the better part of two weeks so far with my kiddo in the hospital.
    Caszidy
    Thanks for the encouragement as always and sorry to hear about your kid. Hope they get better soon.

If I can find the time, I might learn a little coding, which would probably at least get the Talos glitch fixed. Clara is probably beyond me for a while.
    ThacoBell
    Okay, everyone. I have a quick update for you and hopefully good news of things to come.

First of all, the attached file should be a quick fix for the Good Cleric Talos Quest glitch. Before installing our mod, download the file and unzip it. Then put the _bbaldur.baf file in the scripts folder within AllThingsMazzy to overwrite the file that is currently there. If you've already installed the mod, it should still work if you just reinstall AllThingsMazzy afterward, but it's safer to do this first.

This should stop the death by lightning from triggering as long as you've gotten the good stronghold quest - though as always, let me know if you have any issues. I don't have a save in that spot right now so I had to test this with the console instead.

Second, BCaesar and I have a new plan. The plan is called, he has no time so I'm learning to code. He's going to work on getting Clara finished since that's almost done (and ridiculously complicated) and then I'll to coding for a while. Progress will probably be slow while I figure out what the heck I'm doing, but there will be progress and that way he can go back to writing the Mazzy romance that's floating in his head.

Cheers. Hopefully we'll have a proper update with Clara, some more dialogue, and this fix included soon.
    CaszidyMirandelThacoBell
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I am really, really, really thankful for your effort and time you invested in.
    ThacoBelllolien
    Hello folks. I know it's been awhile again. Just wanted to let you know that I've been working on coding more interjections while waiting for @BCaesar to finish coding the main portion of Clara.

That's the current bottleneck and once we pass that, updates will hopefully pick up speed.
    CaszidyThacoBellMirandelFina92
    *Presses face against window*
    SharGuidesMyHandCaszidy
    @BCaesar promised me he'd work on finishing Clara end of May/beginning of June so that we can merge our different versions and post an update before continuing to add to the mod. So fingers crossed :-)
    ThacoBellCaszidy
    Fingers, toes, and eyes ;)
    Caszidy
    It may not seem like it, but I swear we're making progress. Slow but steady. I think we're almost to the point were we can post another version - complete with basic Clara, the bug fixes, and some random other stuff.
    CaszidySenSayNyuThacoBellFina92
  • SenSayNyuSenSayNyu Member Posts: 20
    That's some great news!
    Yay! :D
    All right, as promised, there is a new version of this mod. You can find it here: All Things Mazzy 1.037 since BCaesar doesn't want to do the posting anymore.
    ThacoBellCaszidyFina92
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    is it a definitive version?
    Arthas said:

is it a definitive version?

This version is quite playable. However the mod is not finished as we have plans to add a lot more content so whether you want to install it now is really up to you. You can find more about the current content on the other thread.
    ThacoBellCaszidy
    @Arthas I've been using every version of this mod as it comes out, and even as is, there is a lot of content to it. Its a must install for me.
    Ratatoskr
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it will be complete when the romance is finally added.
    ThacoBellFina92
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Thanks. Was the option of Faldorn wipe out Trademeet added?
    Arthas said:

Thanks. Was the option of Faldorn wipe out Trademeet added?

No, that's currently in the someday list as it's not really related to Mazzy. Our current priorities are finishing the banters, encounters and interjections that we've already written, the Mazzy friendship and romance, and maybe some more Clara content. We're trying to finish the parts that are in progress before we take on anything more because we have a bad habit of getting sidetracked.

And actually, @megamike15, the mod may not be complete when the romance is added because we have ideas for lots more after that :-)
    ThacoBellCaszidyJuliusBorisov
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452

it will be complete when the romance is finally added.

We're working our way toward that. The basics of the romance are almost entirely finished, it just required more editing before coding as there were a lot of moving parts (making it hard to code in pieces the way we've done all the other conversations). Ratatoskr just demanded ToB epilogues and such so I'm writing those in now.

Ratatoskr is right when she said it won't be complete then (truth is it might never be "complete" as we'll just keep updating and adding to it) but at least when you can befriend and romance Mazzy it will deliver what it promises and we'll consider that a major victory. The main delay for about a year was when I no longer had time to code, but once Ratatoskr got impatient and learned how to do it herself we've been adding to it at a decent clip.
    CaszidyJuliusBorisovlolienThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Do you still want to have this thread title: "Thread changed."?
    lolien
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452

Do you still want to have this thread title: "Thread changed."?

Is it possible to archive it or lock it in some way so it drifts off the front page? We have a new thread now updated by Ratatoskr so this one doesn't really have any purpose (and takes space from other deserving threads).
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
This discussion has been closed.