Skip to content

Greetings, Dungeon-delvers & Dragon-slayers!

Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
edited January 2018 in New Members Welcome Area
While I've been a member here for some time now, I never really introduced myself; so, here I go (finally!) . . .

I'm a young (22-year-old) man from a small, but developing, town in north-central Kentucky. I have Asperger's/high-functioning Autism, and I fully support Autism therapy, but never research, and especially not 'cures', and I believe that Autists should rule the world (j/k)! I hope to move to Ontario, Canada someday, hence why I use Canadian English and date-formats. My style of writing is heavily influenced by the great J. R. R. Tolkien, and I favour international, standardised spellings, such as always using -ise instead of -ize, -our instead of just -or, etc. While I'm a great supporter of world peace and equality, I am also a realist, and do not believe that such things will ever truly happen (men are too damn greedy). I worship the Nine Divines (they really have helped me, my family, and my friends when I've prayed for it) and firmly believe that magic is real (I actually have been able to heal my own wounds by looking at them and picturing in my mind the wound closing), and that 'animals' are far superior to men and even elves. I love astronomy, and I do believe that some form of alien life must exist somewhere in the universe, but believe that we should pray for the Gods to give us a way to travel through space. I only use technology to entertain myself; otherwise, I would not mind living in a medieval world with world peace and equality. I fully support technologies to make TVs and computers display more realistic images, but shun all other technologies (though I do use a cell phone to call my friends and family, and I hope to learn how to drive a car someday), especially guns (they should be outlawed, along with alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, cocaine, and all other narcotic substances). All said, I'm really a very casual, very friendly guy, and don't mind boasting that I'm quite smart (I graduated with straight A's), and I am very happy to share my knowledge and learn new things and meet new people; just be warned that I tend to be quite frank about my opinions, though I do tend to go out of my way to avoid offending someone, unless they have bad morals. Anyway, please, do talk with me, and feel free to ask for my advice; if I can't help, usually I know someone who can.

I'm completely new to D&D (though I've known about it for a long time, and my Mom remembers when it first came out), and am only just now getting into playing the Infinity Engine games (I own all of the Enhanced Editions through Beamdog, plus a copy (#0163) of Siege of Dragonspear: Collector's Edition that I received as a request for Christmas). I'm a very big fan of epic, open-world RPGs, especially The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion is my favourite game of all time, and was my very first RPG, with Skyrim and Morrowind following closely behind as my top three favourite games of all time), Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Assassin's Creed (I know, they're not true RPGs, but are still some of my most favourite games), Secret of Monkey Island (I also enjoy casual (preferably humourous, too), point-and-click adventure games; in fact, the very first video-game I ever played was an online Lego point-and-click adventure game), Lego video-games (I've been building with Legos since I was five years old, at least), Darksiders (I'm excited to see Darksiders 3!), Dragon Age, Dragon's Dogma (well, I've really only played the demo, but it was really good, with lots of very unique mechanics), Star Trek Online, Final Fantasy (I've only ever played the very first one, through the Final Fantasy: Origins collection available on the PS3, but all of the others look excellent!), and several others that I can't think of right away.

I also enjoy many pre-2000s movies and TV shows, including Star Trek, Stargate, Star Wars (I also enjoy the more recent ones, actually more so than the original trilogy), Indiana Jones, Gilligan's Island, F Troop, Hogan's Heroes, MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, The Bob Newhart Show, The Dick van Dyke Show, The Rifleman, The Big Valley, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Wagon Train, Rawhide, The Twilight Zone, Perry Mason, Emergency, Firefly (I know, it's a show from 2002, but I still love it, especially River Tam, the real star of the show, and best actress ever!), Babylon 5, Get Smart, The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (first person to correctly guess what 'U.N.C.L.E.' stood for gets a like! No cheating, please), and, again, several others that elude me right now.

I really hope to get to know more of the wonderful people here! Have fun, everyone!

Divine blessings!

~ Garvin (not my real name, of course; just something I made up on whim)
Post edited by Garvin77 on

Comments

• ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426
    hail and well met! Happy New Year! :)
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Welcome, my friend, I do not have Autism, but I do have seizures and a tumor on the brain stem which effects my motor skills and such. I'll be praying for you my friend, if you need any help here on the forums and in game and of the games look me up. Peace out.
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2018
    @Torgrimmer Sounds like I should be praying for you; I'm perfectly fine, I've just been having some issues with trying to get a mod for Morrowind set-up.

I've been praying for you! Take care! Divines bless you!
    Post edited by Garvin77 on
  • superfly2000superfly2000 Member Posts: 76
    *Wall of text hits you for 5 hp*

Apart from that, welcome :-)
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    I certainly hope you read that wall of text...
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Hey! :cookie: for you!