Skip to content

Big World Setup Questions

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
Last time I used BWS I installed the EET Mod along with a few others and the result was a few dialogue bugs where Chapter 1 dialogue was replaced with dialogue for much later in the game. I didn't make it past Chapter 2-3 before I ended up becoming too busy to play the character and erasing my game so I don't know if it would keep popping up or not but it was a major issue.

How can I use BWS to set up my mods without using EET? As great as it was I don't really feel as if it is a neccesary mod.

If I can't do this how do I avoid a major bug like this? Are there mods that don't work in conjunction with EET?

Please help.

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    If you want to use BWS to install a BG2EE game without BG1 you simply select BG2EE/EET and put a * - * where the BWS asks you for your BGEE location. For BGEE only there is a deparate option on the second screen where you just select *enhanced edition* without anything else.

The problem you described above would happen if you a) have a Gog or Steam version of the original game and did not run modmerge in BGEE before using BWS - or b) did not install EET_end after all other mods.

And yes, there are mods that do not work with EET but BWS knows and excludes them, And there are mods that do not work without EET but BWS knows and excludes them from other games as well.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @PaulaMigrate
    Thanks. How do I install EET last? Because BWS automatically installs the mods in whatever order it wants.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    As much as I respect BWS, its authors and supporters I gave up on using it. Always ended up without using some mods that I want to try (like the Warlock kit and some kits from FG's Cleric's kitpack) or having some error during install or having to provide some mod manually, etc. Unfortunately it made me gave up on EET as well - that was the reason why I used BWS in the first place.

I sincerely admire people who can use it so well like @PaulaMigrate

@PaulaMigrate
    Thanks. How do I install EET last? Because BWS automatically installs the mods in whatever order it wants.

Don't mix up things here
    EET installs in two parts
    1. EET main installs after the part of mods that go into BGEE and this is where the whole BGEE game is imported and integrated into BG2EE (roughly speaking)
    2. Then the BG2 mods and EET-compatible BG1 mods are installed
    3. After all is done the EET_end (started by setup-EET_end.exe) is installed
    4. BWS DOES NOT
    automatically installs the mods in whatever order it wants
    it installs mods in a logical order taking into account dependencies and other interactions between mods - all the stuff you otherwise only get if you read all the mod's readme's yourself.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @PaulaMigrate
    I wish to apologize if I somehow offended you. I can only deduce that I must have done something wrong during the process because that isn't how it installed everything when I tried it.

@PaulaMigrate
    I wish to apologize if I somehow offended you. I can only deduce that I must have done something wrong during the process because that isn't how it installed everything when I tried it.

Offended? By what?
    I just try to share my experience with others. Uf things work for me but not for them. I don'r make those mods or tools but I respect what others do. If there are bugs I report them and if not, we try to find out what the user may have done wrong.