Skip to content

No way to override lack of Druid spells for a C/R in SoD?

I don't see Druid spells being available on my C/R's spellbook in SoD. I know for BG2EE there's a line you can change in the .ini file (from a "1" to a "0") to restore Druid spells for the C/R at all levels, but the line isn't there in the BGEE .ini file, and even if I add it and set it to "0", there's still no Druid spells...

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    The line you're looking for is:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Cleric Ranger Spells','1')
    All you have to do is change the 1 to 0.

This code is inside Baldur.lua, not Baldur.ini.

AFAIK this file is normally located inside My Documents (at least mine was).

If you're going to play a divine caster (especially one that uses druidic magic) I strongly recommend B_Spells from @Grammarsalad . It takes all those nice spells from IWDEE and transfers them to BG(2)EE.
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 133
    Thanks!
    Sheesh... I just figured out that you have to have it set to '0' at character creation in order to get the spells -- you can't just change the flag and get the extra spells in existing savegames.

Is this something that can be fixed in EE Keeper? I don't want to mess up my character, so I need to be sure I'm doing it correctly.
    Am I correct in recalling that the game does not give Cleric/Rangers the extra spell slots from the Ranger's level? I'd be fine with EE's restriction on Druid spells if there's a mod that gives me all the PnP spell slots.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Nerva said:

Sheesh... I just figured out that you have to have it set to '0' at character creation in order to get the spells -- you can't just change the flag and get the extra spells in existing savegames.

Is this something that can be fixed in EE Keeper? I don't want to mess up my character, so I need to be sure I'm doing it correctly.

I think it should give you extra spells at the next level up (if you use an existing character and change the ini setting).
    Thanks!