Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to pre-order, apply for the Head Start and check for details. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

No way to override lack of Druid spells for a C/R in SoD?

I don't see Druid spells being available on my C/R's spellbook in SoD. I know for BG2EE there's a line you can change in the .ini file (from a "1" to a "0") to restore Druid spells for the C/R at all levels, but the line isn't there in the BGEE .ini file, and even if I add it and set it to "0", there's still no Druid spells...

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 1,609
    The line you're looking for is:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Cleric Ranger Spells','1')
    All you have to do is change the 1 to 0.

This code is inside Baldur.lua, not Baldur.ini.

AFAIK this file is normally located inside My Documents (at least mine was).

If you're going to play a divine caster (especially one that uses druidic magic) I strongly recommend B_Spells from @Grammarsalad . It takes all those nice spells from IWDEE and transfers them to BG(2)EE.

ThacoBellNervaJuliusBorisovRAM021
  • NervaNerva Member Posts: 85
    Sheesh... I just figured out that you have to have it set to '0' at character creation in order to get the spells -- you can't just change the flag and get the extra spells in existing savegames.

Is this something that can be fixed in EE Keeper? I don't want to mess up my character, so I need to be sure I'm doing it correctly.

• NervaNerva Member Posts: 85
    Am I correct in recalling that the game does not give Cleric/Rangers the extra spell slots from the Ranger's level? I'd be fine with EE's restriction on Druid spells if there's a mod that gives me all the PnP spell slots.

RAM021
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 13,421
    Nerva said:

Sheesh... I just figured out that you have to have it set to '0' at character creation in order to get the spells -- you can't just change the flag and get the extra spells in existing savegames.

Is this something that can be fixed in EE Keeper? I don't want to mess up my character, so I need to be sure I'm doing it correctly.

I think it should give you extra spells at the next level up (if you use an existing character and change the ini setting).

Nerva