Skip to content

M'kiin and baeloth glitch or doing something wrong?

SariusSarius Member Posts: 24
So I go up north to where she is supposed to be and she is in the cage. Apparently there is supposed to be a scene with Baeloth that ends up allowing m kiin to break out, but Baeloth isn t there. Talking to M kiin doesn t do anything. I thought maybe I had to have the note talking about the black pits in my inventory but still, nothing is happening. This has happened on two separate playthroughs and the second playthrough she wasn't even in the cage. Is this a glitch or am I supposed to do something? Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. I planned my team out before going through and am going to be very disappointed if I can't find a way to resolve this. Thank you.
Post edited by Sarius on

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    You're supposed to run into baeloth first I imagine (he's on the path there) and that must trigger all of the relating cut-scenes etc would be my guess.
  • SariusSarius Member Posts: 24
    Gallenger said:

You're supposed to run into baeloth first I imagine (he's on the path there) and that must trigger all of the relating cut-scenes etc would be my guess.

I've been all around the area. I haven't come across Baeloth at all.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Did you kill Baeloth in the first game?

If so, he won't appear.
    The man telling you about the "show" will not appear and the scene will not trigger.
  • SariusSarius Member Posts: 24

If so, he won't appear.
    The man telling you about the "show" will not appear and the scene will not trigger.

That explains it. Yes I did kill him. I also couldn't find the announcer so thought it just glitched. Thank you so much.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Sarius said:

If so, he won't appear.

That explains it. Yes I did kill him. I also couldn't find the announcer so thought it just glitched. Thank you so much.
    We've all been caught out with that one.

Why that decision was taken heavens knows considering we have played from BG to BG2 for years happily, cheerfully, enjoyably killing Dynaheir, Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen and Khalid only for them to magically appear in Irenicus Dungeon. ;)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Sarius said:

If so, he won't appear.

Why that decision was taken heavens knows considering we have played from BG to BG2 for years happily, cheerfully, enjoyably killing Dynaheir, Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen and Khalid only for them to magically appear in Irenicus Dungeon. ;)
    It is a lot more coherent this way and I, for one, much rather this design over the magically resurrecting returning characters in BG2
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Arunsun said:

Sarius said:

If so, he won't appear.

It is a lot more coherent this way and I, for one, much rather this design over the magically resurrecting returning characters in BG2
    There will always be two NPCs re-appearing, i.e. Imoen in Irenicus Dungeon and Edwin in MaeVar's guild. Even in EET with its otherwise continuous NPCs this isn't changed otherwise you'd get stuck in the plot.