Skip to content

StrRef 53483 and StrRef 18646 -

When I trigger my script - its like jon is on super speed...he blurts out a blah blah really fast ..so fast you cant understand what he just said and its so short that you know immediately that the entire dialog is not being heard...but..StrRef 53489 plays out perfectly normal...as does 2841 ... the last two sound off just as they did in the game...the two StrRefs I have in the Subject file...do not . Any idea of how to fix them so that what I hear is the same thing I heard as Imoen and myself came out of Jons dungeon into Athkatla and Jon is casting spells at the Cowled Wizards??

Comments

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    I have no idea what you are even talking about...
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Ok. What I could understand is that Irenicu's talk and text are out of sync for the appointed strings, is that correct?
  • Borg_DealerOfDeathBorg_DealerOfDeath Member Posts: 79
    What is happening is that when I trigger the script --- DisplayString(Myself,53483) // (I cannot be controlled) - - what happens is the instead of hearing the WAV file play out...what I end up hearing is about 1 to 2 seconds of garbled noise...and nothing else.
    When I say "Trigger the script" -- IF
    HotKey(A)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    DisplayString(Myself,53483) // (I cannot be controlled)
    END
    I don't hear "I cannot be controlled" I hear a bit of noise and then silence
    Ulb said:

I have no idea what you are even talking about...

IF
    HotKey(A)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    DisplayString(Myself,53483) // (I cannot be controlled)
    END

the words..."I cannot be controlled"...are not heard at all. what is heard is a bit of garbled noise and then silence.
    UPDATE: All of a sudden...Today it Works...."the WAV file plays as it should"... I changed nothing on the script.. I just simply did a copy and used HotKey(G) to trigger the StrRef 53483 and now it plays correctly. Ive got "Gremlins" and they are messing with my stuff"
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    DPJon148.wav
    Th

DPJon148.wav

Thank you Paula ... and I hate to admit this ...but I finally figured out the actual problem..."Smoke in the Cockpit" as my step-dad used to say..referring to "My Mistake". Below the StrRef - I was triggering a ForceSpell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself,WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE) // SPWI113.SPL ( Wizard Magic Missile) at least I think that's the correct spell # ... but between the StrRef and the ForceSpell, I put SmallWait(2) and what actually worked was Wait(3) .. the small wait wasn't allowing enough time for the dialog to finish. After I revised the script with - Wait(3) it all started working like its supposed to be doing. I got the Dialog then the spells fired off as planned and all was good in the universe~! Thank you for the zip file though.
    As I just told Paula...my only problem was that I had - SmallWait(2) and then - ForceSpell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself,WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE) // SPWI113.SPL (Wizard Magic Missile) times 5 tplus an Imprisonment and a Rapture of the Father at the end... However, I found out that the - SmallWait(2) was not long enough for the WAV file of the dialog to finish playing. After replacing the SmallWait(2) with Wait(3) everything worked as it was supposed to work.

I want to thank all who commented and made suggestions and especially to Paula who sent me the WAV file.

Chalk this up to "SMOKE in the Cockpit"~!!