Skip to content

Spells as Innate Abilities - Can't get them to show up properly.

dac0152dac0152 Member Posts: 54
edited January 2018 in General Modding
So I'm trying to make a character that has an innate Animate Dead spell. I made a copy in NearInfinity and then changed the Spell Type attribute to Innate as shown here:

Then, I changed the Ability Location attribute within the effect to Innate Slots as shown here:

It still won't show up after I add them using EEKeeper. It doesn't show up as a spell either - it's just completely missing. I tried editing the innate section of the spell memorization tab and that did not change anything either. AFAIK, I've done everything necessary so I'm a bit confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Tried with DLTCEP and same results. Restored my game to vanilla with a backup and same results, so it's not mods. There's something pretty weird here. I also tried with Chromatic Orb and couldn't get that to work, but Lightning Bolt worked.
Post edited by dac0152 on

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited January 2018
    What's the spell name?

The resource name (.spl file) not the in-game name.

And what's your character level and class?
  • dac0152dac0152 Member Posts: 54
    edited January 2018
    When I copied it, I renamed it as WIANIM.spl

Fighter/Thief Level 1. I just changed the spell level from 5 to 1 and still nothing.
    edited January 2018
    I think it has something to do with EET, because I just tried it on both SoD and BG2 and it worked perfectly.

EDIT: Just kidding. For some reason a custom Magic Missile works perfectly on EET, SoD, and BG2, but I can't get another spell to work.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Select your character, leave your mouse pointer over it and try the following:
    C:AddSpell("WIANIM")
    That should do the trick.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you are using NI you need to add the spell to the IDS spell list, if you don't add it there the game will not recognise it and neither will EE keeper, because that list will identify it's "script name" so the game can actually use it

and make sure you spell matches the four digit code on the spell.ids and spell.2da or else again, the game might not be able to find it
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I'm not sure why but if you try to add an innate ability to a creature that doesn't already have any abilities it won't let you use the special abilities button as if you have no abilities to use. Try the console command:

C:Eval('AddSpecialAbility("WIANIM")')
    Sorry I'm a bit late responding. I made a completely fresh install and everything is working now. I edited the spell using DLTCEP this time and it was much faster. I had tried that last time but it wasn't working so something must have gotten corrupted or EET freaked out.

Thank you all.