Skip to content

#MeToo

Comments

• TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Balrog99 said:

did not dare to put our lights on! The very idea of ebbing "acceptance" is just... wrong.

I did not mean in any way to diminish your feelings. If I did so I apologize. I was just trying to convey that men aren't unfeeling. I think I inadvertently made it too much about me...

My feelings are quite sound, as of today - even if I have had to suffer a sense of shame in the past, because, for example, being set upon by a masturbator that physically accosts you as you try and enter our block of flats, just feels very awkward and threatening, and icky.

This the real "ughh" I have in my mind.

I did not initiate any of it, but it still felt shameful, to me - as the observer, the victim of this act of intrusion. BTW - this happened just past Paris, past my OP age. I escalated even, and was truly horrible. There was a time, I could not walk streets of Brussels without looking behind my shoulder.

I am happy to post to a thread of hopeful acceptances and fearful rejections - and I do wish unto you the happiness I wish unto myself. Just... I wish others may feel free to tell about being in some sense violated. Or maybe not violating others. Of having disrespected boundaries, and now knowing it was wrong.

From my experience, it also was people whom I should have been able to trust.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited December 2017
    TStael said:

Balrog99 said:

did not dare to put our lights on! The very idea of ebbing "acceptance" is just... wrong.

I did not mean in any way to diminish your feelings. If I did so I apologize. I was just trying to convey that men aren't unfeeling. I think I inadvertently made it too much about me...
    "My feelings are quite sound, as of today - even if I have had to suffer a sense of shame in the past, because, for example, being set upon by a masturbator that physically accosts you as you try and enter our block of flats, just feels very awkward and threatening, and icky.

This the real "ughh" I have in my mind.

I did not initiate any of it, but it still felt shameful, to me - as the observer, the victim of this act of intrusion. BTW - this happened just past Paris, past my OP age. I escalated even, and was truly horrible. There was a time, I could not walk streets of Brussels without looking behind my shoulder.

I am happy to post to a thread of hopeful acceptances and fearful rejections - and I do wish unto you the happiness I wish unto myself. Just... I wish others may feel free to tell about being in some sense violated. Or maybe not violating others. Of having disrespected boundaries, and now knowing it was wrong.

From my experience, it also was people whom I should have been able to trust. "

Yuck! Im sorry. I don't understand why you would think that's anyway your fault. It wasn't!

Edit: The formatting is messed up so I put @TStael 's comments in quotes.
    @Balrog99

Um... the formatting thing is me, I seem to do it then and again - but thx for going at it. :smile:

But here goes nothing:

I consider myself analytical, and: I have felt bad at feeling ashamed when I know it is objectively irrational, and wrong, plus leaves the power to the abuser.

But imagine someone showing their naked genitalia at you - is that not embarrassing? I know I should have gotten over it easily, but it really was not possible.

Imagine if I had been raped by that man that gave me a lift home from Nation and hounded me to my building.

I would probably have been first asked: "Why did you get into his car?"

Is it not more normal, for goodness sake, to give a stranded person a lift to help them? I think so, but I know rape is often made to feel like the fault of "unsavvy" victims.

Yet, mere casual faith in humanity is nothing to make excuses for - at least I don't intend to.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    TStael said:

@Balrog99

Um... the formatting thing is me, I seem to do it then and again - but thx for going at it. :smile:

But here goes nothing:

I consider myself analytical, and: I have felt bad at feeling ashamed when I know it is objectively irrational, and wrong, plus leaves the power to the abuser.

But imagine someone showing their naked genitalia at you - is that not embarrassing? I know I should have gotten over it easily, but it really was not possible.

Imagine if I had been raped by that man that gave me a lift home from Nation and hounded me to my building.

I would probably have been first asked: "Why did you get into his car?"

Is it not more normal, for goodness sake, to give a stranded person a lift to help them? I think so, but I know rape is often made to feel like the fault of "unsavvy" victims.

Yet, mere casual faith in humanity is nothing to make excuses for - at least I don't intend to.

I have actually had females present their naked breasts at me. I have a feeling that the difference is I never felt threatened by it because I had the power to pursue the opportunity or not. The power is the key. I can't empathise properly because I have never truly felt powerless before. I can at least understand that it must be terrifying!
    Balrog99 said:

I have actually had females present their naked breasts at me. I have a feeling that the difference is I never felt threatened by it because I had the power to pursue the opportunity or not. The power is the key. I can't empathise properly because I have never truly felt powerless before. I can at least understand that it must be terrifying!

I think we are on the common ground here somehow - but I still wonder why it is so rare for individuals, such as you, and by result, the society, to feel outraged at fear of people walking from, say, bus-stop to home. Or being just crowded out from places.

And that fear is not at all fanciful, I would tell.

You could ask people - not because they are "your something or something" - but just because you want to know. If you ask, do tell! :smile:
    I want to bump this up, because I feel somewhat perplexed, and annoyed at the same time at Catherine Deneuve and Brigitte Bardot views.

Deneuve implied that #MeToo would hinder men from "freely seducing women." (even badly, poorly, repeatedly etc)

I strongly hope that all of you here whom have ever wanted someone to like you as much you liked them recognize this:

Taking the hand of a man I really liked when we were watching telly together was terrifying, but I did it because I hoped he liked me, and not to coerce him.

If he had disengaged my hand, that would have been a terrible blow, but a clear signal to stop.

I did not particularly want to initiate because I am quite shy, and the refusal would have stung quite a bit - but surely this is what "freely seducing" is happily about?

Not coercing. Being the one that vulnerably desires.

I am less sure Bardot views even deserve to be heard.

If there is her champion here, do tell us.

Törhönen in Finland.

Not that this man was such a great as to deserve two State Prizes - which he did, while having harassed a cinematic director student out of her master program previously.

My petty soul rejoices this power abuser shall never have artistic respect he usurped - but this will not return the path of life to the harassed student either.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Life's tough all over. It's tough for women in ways that guys don't have to deal with. I wish women the best with #metoo

The stuff that has been coming out I think we all kind of feared might be going on but didn't really know the extent of.
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98

Also, "men having to be the initiator" is a social thing, not in any way biological.

I know this is from at least a month ago but this is quite a statement. To back this up you'd have to prove the absence of any biological cause (which is a lot more difficult than the existence of a cause). There's probably a lot of data that contradicts this too e.g. in any given species, the bigger, stronger sex usually takes the lead.

The idea that there aren't genetic differences between people is nice idea, perhaps, but that doesn't mean it is true.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,354

Also, "men having to be the initiator" is a social thing, not in any way biological.

I know this is from at least a month ago but this is quite a statement. To back this up you'd have to prove the absence of any biological cause (which is a lot more difficult than the existence of a cause). There's probably a lot of data that contradicts this too e.g. in any given species, the bigger, stronger sex usually takes the lead.

The idea that there aren't genetic differences between people is nice idea, perhaps, but that doesn't mean it is true.
    Let me get this straight. Women have to prove that they are not sexual inferior? As a man I actually dont think that @BelleSorciere is making a bold statement, but considers yours to be. But I might have misinterpreted the post.

Women have a right to an active sexlife, and can take initiative if they feel like it. I come from a country where women are very sexually outspoken and initiative, but I also see vast cultural differences compared to otter cultures. And sometimes the initiative is just less obvious to us men...
    Still I dont have any proof, so feel free to disregard my statement

But as a campaign MeToo is imho not about sexual initiative or the nature of animal breeding. Its about respect. Being initiative doesnt give you any Rights in it self - consent from a freewilling adult on the other hand can get you some...

Let me get this straight. Women have to prove that they are not sexual inferior? As a man I actually dont think that @BelleSorciere is making a bold statement, but considers yours to be. But I might have misinterpreted the post.

Women don't have to prove anything; someone saying men having to be the initiator is social rather than biological has to prove it. And I meant it to be quite a statement as one that required a fair bit of backing up, rather than one that was shocking.

Women have a right to an active sexlife, and can take initiative if they feel like it. I come from a country where women are very sexually outspoken and initiative, but I also see vast cultural differences compared to otter cultures. And sometimes the initiative is just less obvious to us men...

Perhaps they do have a right but that has has little to no bearing on whether being the initiator is social or biological. I agree that who is taking the initiative is unclear but I took the original comment made to mean asking the other person out, rather than a glance or a smile.

But as a campaign MeToo is imho not about sexual initiative or the nature of animal breeding. Its about respect. Being initiative doesnt give you any Rights in it self - consent from a freewilling adult on the other hand can get you some...

I wasn't talking about the campaign but about that individual comment, nor was I speaking about animal breeding (it was incidental). I never implied that taking the initiative granted one any rights.
  • HouseOfTiaxHouseOfTiax Member Posts: 11
    I don't want to seem like PC Principal from southpark but I feel there is something deeper to this from what I can understand from my own observations. Might get "political" but not intended to since politics is a joke tbh, i've been duped by thinking I knew people I did not, or watched shows that I did not understand. Personally i've never had harassment issues, only ran into someone who was boarder line stalker once and one creepy person a long time ago (I can at least say that) their email gave it away.

Unfortunately there is a lot of people who lack empathy. The US especially has a real problem with it. Our movies, music, ect are all sex, violence and consumerism... it does have an impact on people they might not have acknowledged it, but it does. Even ads try to tell you how to live with background messages, there is a whole consumer science going on and its about making people unhappy and restless/anxiety. I'll add in a bit about games since most new ones are jokes, they over censor people and you become the product (having to play for daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal "rewards"). Freedom of expression or trash talking was the best part of multiplayer games but now that's been taken away in most new games.

From the male side most guys feel like they are being attacked or having more stereotypes put on them and things are hard enough. Now people work more hours, go to school longer, more judgmental society, more demands, more competition. A lot of people here don't have healthcare and our obesity rate is leading to our de-evolution (lose weight before you have kids, the male actually can transfer diabetes and other problems if you are fat). If you pick up on movies, music videos, all the filtered, photoshopped images (both female and male)... people don't look like that IRL even celebs, and realism/logic gets replaced with imaginary/disappointment. Its not just a female problem but guys are also being manipulated. They want you to feel unsatisfied so you go buy more stuff to make you feel better.

From the female side things have been bad for a while (so its not just current guys, it goes way back). Problems only get fixed if people know how bad things are. Since so many people don't think or are shamed for thinking that's why our society has become so bad. Females are just asking for respect and trying to put a problem out there how it is so people can wake up. Its not an attack on guys, SWJ thing, just statements, if its not about you personally don't feel offended.

Its great to see people speak their minds or share their experience. All the media (fakenews) and consumer forces (facebook) have just wanted to keep people fighting while our rights, freedoms, and minds get taken from us. Let people say their thing unless they mention you by name. We get deceived when we start judging people or events we don't know little to nothing about.

My ideas why this is being put out there. The media has sold this whole movement in the wrong way just like BLM where the victims somehow become the "bad people" and how protesting or speaking truth is somehow "bad". The media is the one who said the womens march was some how anti-trump... really no... they just want to protest something that negatively effects them. How backwards is america that we attack protesters to abuse of power rather then support them or at least let them do their thing.

So this has been around for a while. I live in the US so a lot of my thoughts are limited to just the US. Yet now the powerful seem to think its an issue here. Notice how its become a political football... watch the "news" and they try to do their best to segregate people. The media is fake and used to manipulate people id rather listen to someones post online and thank them for naturally bringing up an issue then some anchor who's reading a teleprompter and spreading propaganda. I think for the powerful its become a convenient tool to break people up even more so they can shake us for more of our rights and freedoms. Let people do their movements, womens rights, black lives, ect its not some SWJ thing but the media tries spin things like there are "two sides" and its an "ATTACK" on you because they repeat, loop the same stories over and over. All their words are picked intentionally nothing on the airwaves is accidental, they have a staff of lawyers, writers, executive producers censoring everything so it fits their message or their donors message.

For example on losing your "freedoms" look at the censorship going on all over, and how the "news" is calling for it... censorship itself is propaganda. So while so many feel like they are under attack... you are... but its not by people who have been victims or experienced bad things, or black lives matter... its by people who want to rob you of your ability to freely express your opinions (what they are doing) and thoughts via "censorship". We live in an information world, do you trust some person who gets free products to review (paid news person), cough most of YT is ads now, or someone who actually bought or experienced something and are choosing to share information (unpaid).

For example since the election look at the Late Night Show with Letterman in the past... they are not news yet go to the correspondents dinner... Now look at it with Colbert (who has become a total joke himself). When all he does is use his 10 mins of "comedy" as brainless smears and propaganda, his attacks and jokes not even founded on facts and how it is every single night. Propaganda is most effective when repeated as much as possible. Same with john oliver, same with bill mahr. If you take the time to actually examine what you are watching you begin to notice its just corporate plugs for productions (movies, books, shows, sports broadcasting) that parent company's sister company aka subsidiary is selling. Sometimes it might be another company they trade time with.

If you look at the DNC unity pledge it states candidates must spend 70% of their total funds on TV ads... now begin to think why the media defends Hillary when she threw the election and did a terrible job (2nd most powerful person for US). Why obama didn't fix flint, why we went from 2 wars to 7, why our debt keeps doubling every 8 years. Even if you look at the tape that was "leaked" cough held on him it was BillyBush who did that... go look up who he is and who his relatives are and why he would want dirt like that. Americans are being duped so the best thing for everyone to do is start asking questions and sharing knowledge because there are a lot of problems in the US/world (my grammar included),

Ignorance is easy but costly.
    Sorry if this is posted twice but I tried to edit my post and it poofed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to seem like PC Principal from southpark but I feel there is something deeper to this from what I can understand from my own observations. Might get "political" but not intended to since politics is a joke tbh, i've been duped by thinking I knew people I did not, or watched shows that I did not understand. Personally i've never had harassment issues, only ran into someone who was boarder line stalker once and one creepy person a long time ago (I can at least say that) their email gave it away.

Unfortunately there is a lot of people who lack empathy. The US especially has a real problem with it. Our movies, music, ect are all sex, violence and consumerism... it does have an impact on people they might not have acknowledged it, but it does. Even ads try to tell you how to live with background messages, there is a whole consumer science going on and its about making people unhappy and restless/anxiety. I'll add in a bit about games since most new ones are jokes, they over censor people and you become the product (having to play for daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal "rewards"). Freedom of expression or trash talking was the best part of multiplayer games but now that's been taken away in most new games.

From the male side most guys feel like they are being attacked or having more stereotypes put on them and things are hard enough. Now people work more hours, go to school longer, more judgmental society, more demands, more competition. A lot of people here don't have healthcare and our obesity rate is leading to our de-evolution (lose weight before you have kids, the male actually can transfer diabetes and other problems if you are fat). If you pick up on movies, music videos, all the filtered, photoshopped images (both female and male)... people don't look like that IRL even celebs, and realism/logic gets replaced with imaginary/disappointment. Its not just a female problem but guys are also being manipulated. They want you to feel unsatisfied so you go buy more stuff to make you feel better.

From the female side things have been bad for a while (so its not just current guys, it goes way back). Problems only get fixed if people know how bad things are. Since so many people don't think or are shamed for thinking that's why our society has become so bad. Females are just asking for respect and trying to put a problem out there how it is so people can wake up. Its not an attack on guys, SWJ thing, just statements, if its not about you personally don't feel offended.

Its great to see people speak their minds or share their experience. All the media (fakenews) and consumer forces (facebook) have just wanted to keep people fighting while our rights, freedoms, and minds get taken from us. Let people say their thing unless they mention you by name. We get deceived when we start judging people or events we don't know little to nothing about.

My ideas why this is being put out there. The media has sold this whole movement in the wrong way just like BLM where the victims somehow become the "bad people" and how protesting or speaking truth is somehow "bad". The media is the one who said the womens march was some how anti-trump... really no... they just want to protest something that negatively effects them. How backwards is america that we attack protesters to abuse of power rather then support them or at least let them do their thing.

So this has been around for a while. I live in the US so a lot of my thoughts are limited to just the US. Yet now the powerful seem to think its an issue here. Notice how its become a political football... watch the "news" and they try to do their best to segregate people. The media is fake and used to manipulate people id rather listen to someones post online and thank them for naturally bringing up an issue then some anchor who's reading a teleprompter and spreading propaganda. I think for the powerful its become a convenient tool to break people up even more so they can shake us for more of our rights and freedoms. Let people do their movements, womens rights, black lives, ect its not some SWJ thing but the media tries spin things like there are "two sides" and its an "ATTACK" on you because they repeat, loop the same stories over and over. All their words are picked intentionally nothing on the airwaves is accidental, they have a staff of lawyers, writers, executive producers censoring everything so it fits their message or their donors message.

For example on losing your "freedoms" look at the censorship going on all over, and how the "news" is calling for it... censorship itself is propaganda. So while so many feel like they are under attack... you are... but its not by people who have been victims or experienced bad things, or black lives matter... its by people who want to rob you of your ability to freely express your opinions (what they are doing) and thoughts via "censorship". We live in an information world, do you trust some person who gets free products to review (paid news person), cough most of YT is ads now, or someone who actually bought or experienced something and are choosing to share information (unpaid).

For example since the election look at the Late Night Show with Letterman in the past... they are not news yet go to the correspondents dinner... Now look at it with Colbert (who has become a total joke himself). When all he does is use his 10 mins of "comedy" as brainless smears and propaganda, his attacks and jokes not even founded on facts and how it is every single night. Propaganda is most effective when repeated as much as possible. Same with john oliver, same with bill mahr. If you take the time to actually examine what you are watching you begin to notice its just corporate plugs for productions (movies, books, shows, sports broadcasting) that belong mostly to the parent company's subsidiary "sister company" is selling. Sometimes it might be another company they trade air time with.

If you look at the DNC unity pledge it states candidates must spend 70% of their total funds on TV ads... now begin to think why the media defends Hillary when she threw the election and did a terrible job (2nd most powerful person for US). Why obama didn't fix flint, why we went from 2 wars to 7, why our debt keeps doubling every 8 years. Even if you look at the tape that was "leaked" cough held on him it was BillyBush who did that... go look up who he is and who his relatives are and why he would want dirt like that. Americans are being duped so the best thing for everyone to do is start asking questions and sharing knowledge because there are a lot of problems in the US/world (my grammar included),

Ignorance is easy but costly.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited February 2018

I don't really feel like you're responding in good faith, so I'm just not going to engage. Cool? Cool.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If you say something is biological instead of social, you should have proof.

If you say something is social instead of biological, you should have proof.

If somebody doesn't have proof, you don't have to call them out for it.

And if you really want to argue, do so in a different thread.
    edited February 2018

I don't really feel like you're responding in good faith, so I'm just not going to engage. Cool? Cool.

Why isn't it in good faith? I honestly think that the idea that there are no genetic differences between men and women is ideological, not scientific.

I mean the proof is that women are able to initiate relationships. I shouldn't have to cite this.

But that's not the way it is on average. An analogy: some women are taller than some men but it would be wrong to say women are taller than men.
    joluv said:

Can the origins of some gender norms ultimately be traced back to biological differences? Well, yeah.

Which means that in any given case one could not merely state that it was either biological or social.
    joluv said:

Does that mean that all gender norms are biological mandates? Of course not.

But it doesn't mean that there isn't an underlying biological cause in this case.
    Wow usually when they "step out of line like that" they never get allowed back on TV.
    Funny how CNN named her show "outfront" but won't let her outside the building lol.

There might be some good people left but anytime they ask questions or oppose power (question it) they get "let go" even if they have the #1 show on the network. It's like everything is upside down we were founded on kicking britians @ss, freedom to be a crtic, freedom of and from religion, and now dare anyone question power they are banished here.

In July 2002, Phil Donahue returned to television after seven years of retirement to host a show called Donahue on MSNBC.[17] On February 25, 2003, MSNBC canceled the show.[18][19]

Soon after the show's cancellation, an internal MSNBC memo was leaked to the press stating that Donahue should be fired because he opposed the imminent U.S. invasion of Iraq and that he would be a "difficult public face for NBC in a time of war."[20] Donahue commented in 2007 that the management of MSNBC, owned by General Electric and Comcast, required that "we have two conservative (guests) for every liberal. I was counted as two liberals."[21]

https://steemit.com/petrodollar/@freemarketcap/the-us-is-at-war-with-iraq-libya-syria-iran-russia-all-to-protect-the-petrodollar

If the dollar drops debt becomes worth less, and inflation hits. The problem is it's a debt economy here (the housing bubble was just a small gust) and anytime they have to print that much money once they open the flood gates its going to be way over 3% inflation. Maybe we are at such a bad point they feel like they cant fix the problem so the best thing is to make us all dumb and take away our rights so we are used to not being free. Younger people don't know it but they got a huge mess on their hands and to top it off most of the world doesn't like us now because we cant even manage our own problems much less "help" other people. We don't even help our own citizens... veterans are subject to income requirements here for healthcare.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    edited February 2018
    At 18 i became a misogynist
    At 24 my employer was raping my soul repeatedly becoming unable to focus from stress so i quitted and started taking seroquel pills
    At 26 i believe i became a victim of a family conspiracy and ended up in a court facing accusation of dealing drugs thus i ended up losing my faith in the institution of family
    At 28 i made love for the 1st time and because of that i ended up in a psych ward
    At 31 i lost my faith in "democracy"
    Currently i have anthropophobia so i am anti-social also no faith in humanity
    forgot to mention that because of my past experiences with employers now i am unemployed and in my bank account i have 0.23€ and even if i did get a job my parents would take my money
    But other than that... just fiiiiiiiine...
    Post edited by dreamtraveler on
  • MakeAthkatlaGrtAgainMakeAthkatlaGrtAgain Member Posts: 132
    edited February 2018
    joluv said:

Can the origins of some gender norms ultimately be traced back to biological differences? Well, yeah.

Well there's studies on bonobos, gorillas, and chimpanzees I could bring up showing animal behavior.

But this 2 minute video is best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJNXCpfDrNo

I actually communicated to my university as an alumni to ask what they might do to compensate the student whom was harassed out of her master.

I feel very strongly about it. A student should be able to finish the master, and then thrive.

I more than anything pity the ones whom cannot handle studying to thrive. You'd had needed it, right?

Well there's studies on bonobos, gorillas, and chimpanzees I could bring up showing animal behavior.

But this 2 minute video is best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJNXCpfDrNo

By my standards, seems banal. Just so.

But why do you post this? I really would love to know why this would be the #metoo thing for you. Do tell. ;-)
    I want to say that I am disappointed about some jabs here because a student losing direction in life is plain wrong.

But also I know you tease, because you should have been her, ideally. Just you never were, and now you hate her.

Ger over it, and at it, already.

Right? ;-)
  • TStael said:

By my standards, seems banal. Just so.

But why do you post this? I really would love to know why this would be the #metoo thing for you. Do tell. ;-)

You see all these people acting so inappropriate to this woman because of her looks. Some of it is massive favoritism and other is somewhat sexual harassment.

Although the video played this up a lot, this still goes on in real life.

You see all these people acting so inappropriate to this woman because of her looks. Some of it is massive favoritism and other is somewhat sexual harassment.

Although the video played this up a lot, this still goes on in real life.

This really demonstrates a few rather unadmirable things about human tendencies, which I note you do not challenge.

Confirmation bias, sense of entitlement, and power relations.

Confirmation bias is the tendency of us all to view ourselves favourably - and project our prejudices either positively and negatively unto others.

Associating physical beauty with human worthiness uncritically and differentiating your treatment of other persons accordingly without challenging your bias is an example. Harassers and rapists unwilling to see the harm and reprehensiveness of their actions is another example.

Just today Törhönen came out to public life to defend himself. It was supposedly "someone else" forcing his professorial tongue into a student's mouth.

Sense of entitlement makes some persons think that when another human is sexy or charming in their eyes, they are entitled to attention and sex if and when they want it. Such persons would act on this "somewhat sexual harassment" category of yours.

"This woman is dressing up in a sexy way. She must know the impact it has on me, so effectively, she is asking to be touched. D'oh - why should I need to ask what she wants, actually? She is asking for it, literally. Look a those boobs!"

Power relations. It is also about the fluid concept of women internalising the "male gaze" that is the dominant way of looking at things. And then behaving in ways that will please - when possibly in another society being looked at would not be so important. It's still being pulled of, as of now, btw. ;-)

The very easy power differential in the case that bleeds my heart as an alumni is the one between professor and student. There is also differential of wealth, professional and political power that does not visit human beings blindly.

As said before, it does not seem you challenge these attitudes, which is quite limiting I think. Do think. And thx for popping your head over the parapet as such. :smile:
    "Kulturprofilen" in Sweden - just read about Nobel price awarding organisation's turmoil if this is news to you - apparently groped the crown princess Victoria.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10183642

All of the adjutant to Victoria, her father the king, and academy member Horace Engdahl saw it. The adjutant displaced the groping hand.

Sorry to say, I am not surprised about the father, the king.

But am I mean to feel worse about crown princess Vicroria for not doing nothing about this?

Because she has major privilege - and if a princess with adjutants and resources cannot handle a groper, us women generally, then?

I feel bad.
This discussion has been closed.