Skip to content

Help importing a final saved game from tablet to laptop

So from what I have read on several topics in this forum, importing save files from mobile device to pc and laptop are indeed possible. I beat Baldur's Gate EE on my Android tablet, still have the save files, and just got Siege of Dragonspear for my new laptop.

I have located the save file in my tablet's data, and have tried to create a new "save" folder in the SOD game folder, and paste my save file in there. But nothing shows up when I select import option.

Just fyi, I went ahead and got a laptop version of BG EE, but it is blank with no save file information on it. Is it possible to bypass this and import directly from the android, or do I have to somehow import to laptop version of BG EE first, then to SOD?

Somebody please help, I want my old party back.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Swordfry, welcome to the forum. This may or may not work... You are importing a game that is from version 1.3.x into a 2.3.x game. It might only be small differences, and not sure of the impact on the game, but no harm in trying.

When you install and start BGEE, it creates a folder in your Documents folder where all the save are stored (and therfore not in your game folder). Your documents folder should look something like this:

..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

Inside that folder, you would have a number of other folders:
    \portraits (where you put your custom portraits)
    \save (where BGEE saves are stored)
    \sodsave (where SOD saves are stored)

and a couple of others but these are the ones you want right now. If they are not created due to not starting/saving a game, then just create them.

Copy your tablet saved game (making sure you include the folder that it lives in) to:

..\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save

then start SoD, single player, import game.

Hopefully this will then show the saved game. Again, not sure whether it bring bring in all the variables, but I am sure you will see any problem. I gave it a quick try from 1.3.x to 2.3.x and the game imported at least.

Happy Gaming
    Gus