Skip to content

modal state opcodes

GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
edited July 2015 in Feature Requests
I would like to request opcodes for the various modal States, like 334 turn undead, in IWDEE. As it stands, it is possible to assign thief skills to characters, but It is very difficult, virtually impossible, in some cases, for someone with my skills, to get characters to be able to Use these skills.

Specifically, I would love an opcode for pick locks, pick pockets, find traps, stealth, bard song, And any others I may have forgotten :)

Also, speaking of 334. As it stands, it is not possible to give non cleric/paladin characters turn undead using it in conjunction with 323 turn undead level, because non cleric/paladin characters cannot gain turn undead levels. As such, I would like to also request that it be possible for non cleric/paladins gain levels in turn undead

Thanks!
billbiscoThacoBell

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    Completely agree. There are some kits (such as Necromancer) which should be able to be modded to turn undead.
    Grammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    billbisco said:

Completely agree. There are some kits (such as Necromancer) which should be able to be modded to turn undead.

Or better: rebuke undead!
    billbisco
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361

billbisco said:

Or better: rebuke undead!
    Absolutely!
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    You can get around the turn-undead issue with a 0-duration class change at the moment it occurs, and use a type-9 permanent duration for opcode 323 so the turn-level is retained. The Evasion check in IWD suffers from the same issue with the same work-around, as only Thief class levels count towards it. Not ideal, but it is possible.
    Grammarsalad
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I will gladly support anything that allows modders to do more things/do things more easily.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited January 2018

Whoa, just found this. Any idea how the opcode works w/r/t turning vs. controlling undead? Is it alignment-dependent just like the class ability? Could you maybe do a zero-duration alignment change as well, to force it to controlling them?

IIRC, yes, it uses your alignment at the moment it occurs.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.