Skip to content

Is there a way to set a specific avatar look?

HypaspistHypaspist Member Posts: 24
With EE you can change your avatar to anything you'd like, but is it possible to set a certain look (say, an unarmoured fighter avatar) and make it stick no matter what kind of armour you're waring?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Tweaks Anthology has an "invisible helmet" component. Maybe you can take a look on how they did it and try to reproduce.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Not 100% sure it will work but if you copy the ini file (giving it a new name, ofc) and remove the armor reference lines the newly created animation should have no armor effect
  • HypaspistHypaspist Member Posts: 24
    Maybe there's an effect that could be applied to an armour? That way I'd have to do this everytime I found a new one, but seems like the most simple solution...
    edited January 2018
    I looked a bit into it but I don't exactly understand what you want.
    Do you want to create a new animation that looks exactly like, say, Male Human Fighter, but when it equips an armor it doesn't look to have one, for example?
    In that case it's very simply done:
    Using Near Infinity, make a copy the corresponding .ini file and name it with an unoccupied slot in the .ini table
    For example, the Male Human Fighter .ini file is 6100.ini. Make a copy of it and name it 6116.ini (just an example, since it's the next unoccupied slot)
    Then, open that file. It will look like that:

As you may see, there are 3 blocks: General, Character and Sounds.
    Under the character block is a line that says armor_max_code=4
    If you set that to 0, any character using this animation will look to be unarmored no matter what he wears.
    Now to set this appearance to a unit, as such it will not appear in the list of appearances. You have two solutions: either you add a line to ANIMATE.IDS to add your appearance to the list (you would need to refresh NI after that) or you manually set the appearance value to 24854 (which is 0x6116 in decimal, and matches the ini file you created).

EDIT: just a point of detail though. You will still notice minor variations of color on your avatar when you equip an armor. That's because armors, on top of having an "equipped appearance", also set some colors on avatars. If you want your character to look exactly the same no matter what armor he or she wears, you could give it a permanent undispellable effect giving immunity to opcode 7 (which is Set Color)
  • HypaspistHypaspist Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2018
    Yes, precisely. I've tried your method, but it doesn't seem to work - I've added 0x6116 FIGHTER_MALE_HUMAN_NO_ARMOUR to the ANIMATE.IDS and the 6116.INI to the Override, changing armor_max_code=4 to armor_max_code=0. After that I've assigned the 0x6116 FIGHTER_MALE_HUMAN_NO_ARMOUR look to my character via EE Keeper.

Alas the armour still changes.

Could it be because of Moinesse's avatars installed?
    edited January 2018
    Hypaspist said:

Yes, precisely. I've tried your method, but it doesn't seem to work - I've added 0x6116 FIGHTER_MALE_HUMAN_NO_ARMOUR to the ANIMATE.IDS and the 6116.INI to the Override, changing armor_max_code=4 to armor_max_code=0. After that I've assigned the 0x6116 FIGHTER_MALE_HUMAN_NO_ARMOUR look to my character via EE Keeper.

Alas the armour still changes.

Could it be because of Moinesse's avatars installed?

Just doublechecked and in my case it works as it should, which means no armor animation or paperdoll but the colors do change when you equip an armor.
    My game is unmodded