Skip to content

10 % more XP in BGIIEE

I asked a question about if BGIIEE had changed as you received more XP from SOD but that was not the case. However, somebody mentioned that the 10 % bonus from the original BG2 game had been taken away.
How did that work???
/J

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    I have never heard of such a thing.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    It was an undocumented quirk that invisibly increased all xp you gained across the game to be increased by 10%
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    but here's the thing, it was never implemented in BG1 vanilla, only in BG2, so why start it in SoA?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    sarevok57 said:

but here's the thing, it was never implemented in BG1 vanilla, only in BG2, so why start it in SoA?

Lots of things were implanted only in BG2.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    BG strays pretty far from PnP. Its kinda pointless to point to PnP as some kind of gold standard.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Raduziel said:

sarevok57 said:

Lots of things were implanted only in BG2.
    Monks, barbarians, half orcs, kits, proficiencies by weapon instead of weapon class, turnip bedroom toys, ...

Wait, did I type that out loud?

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    ThacoBell said:

BG strays pretty far from PnP. Its kinda pointless to point to PnP as some kind of gold standard.

I think the bonus 10% for high ability scores was mentioned in the manual (BG,BG2 or both). I may be misrembering though. If it was mentioned in the manual(s) then @Raduziel has a good point.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Balrog99 said:

ThacoBell said:

I think the bonus 10% for high ability scores was mentioned in the manual (BG,BG2 or both). I may be misrembering though. If it was mentioned in the manual(s) then @Raduziel has a good point.
    i remember reading both manuals back in the day, and there was never any mention of a 10% bonus, when my stuff gets out of storage i will read them again to see if it's there but im thinking it wont be
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    mlnevese said:

PnP had a lot of extra XP rules that never made it to BG. The individual XP bonuses each class received, a Fighter class character would receive extra XP/HD of a creature defeated, besides the XP of the creature itself, for instance, never made the transition.

Now I don't think it would translate well in a XP rich campaign such as BG but in some PnP campaigns it could be the difference between being level 1 for a year real life and reaching the next level in just a few months of play...

The extra XP for high stats could be added as an optional rule but as an always on feature it just accelerates even more the rapid pace of level ups in BG II.

Well put
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I'm starting to wonder if it was Temple of Elemental Evil that mentioned the bonus %10 xp for high stats. I know I saw it somewhere...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Balrog99 said:

I'm starting to wonder if it was Temple of Elemental Evil that mentioned the bonus %10 xp for high stats. I know I saw it somewhere...

I seem to remember that it was in the Player’s Handbook for v1; not sure, and can’t be bothered to look it up