Skip to content

Spam blocked for posting... twice???

ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
Hm... so my account was spam blocked for attempting to post twice in 60 seconds?

A tad harsh, methinks?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited January 2018
    Hmm... I am not sure why that would be... You are verified (I verified you when you first joined actually) so that sort of thing should not be happening... I suspect the often buggy nature of our forum service provider, Vanilla, is to blame. You are new here so you may not know this, but stay around long enough and you will come to realize that strange things like this tend to happen here every once in a while. We usually just blame it on Vanilla issues.

As for your account being blocked, I would suggest you just ignore that and keep trying. I can see nothing blocking your account. I think this sort of thing sometimes happens when the server gets busy.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Thanks for the explanation. I was only blocked for 5 minutes, but still...
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Yulaw9460 said:

Highly unfair. I've been around for years, and I've never been blocked even once. :p

I would kind of like to get it too, because I know quite a few users have complained about this in the past, but I have never seen it myself so I can't really figure out what the deal is.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This is not something we can control, it's an odd thing the forum software does from time to time. Moderators, and I included, try to check the Spam Queue as often as possible and to verify users when we see they are not verified, but of course it may take hours, and if a user is very interested in their comment (if they put a lot of effort into it), it may lead to a disappointment, which is understandable.

Don't hesitate to contact a moderator in these situations. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/824752/#Comment_824752