Skip to content

[Android] Beta channel and then back to normal channel?

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
edited January 2018 in The 2.5 Update Beta
Hello!

I activated the beta updates on Android for "Baldurs Gate: EE" and also "Icewind Dale: EE". Once the final patch 2.5 gets released do I have to return to the normal channel? Does Google Play inform me that there will be a new update available on the stable branch?

Thank you!
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Android 2.5 beta users will be shown an option to update to the new 2.5 patch. It shouldn't affect savegames.
    fetito666
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    edited February 2018
    Thank you! Another question: Moving the beta to an external storage (128 GB) does not work: the 2 GB patch files still remain in the internal memory (16 GB).

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (tablet) with Android 7.

The same happens to the following games

- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    - Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
    - Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition
    - Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

So in the end the games are "eating" away about 7 GB of internal memory instead of using the external memory.

I used the Android 7 option in order to move them, but they're still in the internal memory.

I am not sure if this is a bug on Google's side or if this is something that Beamdog could fix.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    That is one of the most popular feature requests, to make the EEs possible to install on an external storage.

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34034
    fetito666
    The site says "403 You are not authorized to access this page."
    JuliusBorisov
    Sorry, here's a public ticket: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/32643
    Thank you!
    JuliusBorisov